need your ADVICE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The concepts of 9 are quite important. Pay full attention to trigo in 10th. Then from 11th do FULL on HARD WORK. Study all books , do research and be a MASTER in PCM

abhijangda

Padawan
thats great. :)
what rank?

oh!!, I will be joining this month, IT-BHU and hopefully, when Bill in Rajya Sabha will get passed, it will be IIT BHU. But believe me, there is no special feeling I am getting from inside. And yes, it is a status of being IITian, but NITian or ISMite is no less. I was NITian for 1 year and also being NITian didn't arose any special feeling in me. Also, you should at present study for 9th and 10th. Don't study of 11th and 12th. It will do no good for you. This is the time to just do fun. 2 years are more than enough for serious study. Also, only those can clear, who has good brain, only study doesn't matters.

AcceleratorX said:
No, I'm not an IITian. But growing up in the academic community, I have been around way too many IITians. That includes B.E. from IIT, MSc from IIT, PhD from IIT, what not.
Only the B.Tech from IIT is anything special as it guarantees you a really good job and pay. There are some who are positively excited about being in IIT, others who are pretty much down to earth.

How you like it at IIT depends on which campus you go to. The newer IITs are not that good actually, but will hopefully improve in a few years' time (campus and library is unfinished, for example). But the "classic" IIT campuses like Delhi, Kharagpur, Bombay, Kanpur, Roorkee, Madras are really good. Hostel aside, people generally have a fun time with various fests and you really get some spare time to pursue hobbies of your interest.

The newer IITs, again, are a different story, and as of right now, if you are getting a good NIT over something like IIT Patna (new IIT), I'd say go for the NIT. There are difficulties in the newer IITs right now, as they depend on the older IITs for mentorship, assistance with studies and sometimes even for placements.

(Note: Placements in newer IITs are also not as good as those in older ones. From my observation, good NIT>new IIT)

I have given you some information that I hope will help you. If you really want to get in, I suggest you pay a lot of attention to your studies from this point on - but first priority is to clear your 10th. Do that, *then* think about IIT because admission to 11th also is not a joke these days and you need to work hard to get a good score in your 10th if you want the science/vocational stream in 11th without which your IIT dream will go down the gutter!

Only some, NITs like Warangal, Surathkal, Trichy, they I think will be much better than new IITs. IIT Hyderabad, IIT Ropar, IIT Indore, IIT Gandhinagar, these are performing very good. Hopefully after 4-5 years they will get good placements, there campus will be completed and they will also become one of the best colleges in INDIA. But they will take time, till there Alumni becomes popular. That's why IIT Guwahati is not that much popular as compared to other IITs. Also there placements hasn't started till now, they just 2-3 years old.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Don't get too much into Class 11th studies.... I am not asking you to stop it... Learn only the basics...!! Like basic Differentiation, Integration, Units/Dimensions, Error Measurement, Significant digits, basic kinematics, basic mechanics, Trigonometry... I guess might have gone through most of these... Still, stick to these.. Practice!!

Unless you're excellent at these topics, don't move ahead at all.

And mind you, Top 100 is no child's play. I can show you more than 100 children of your age who have completed books like HC Verma & all... You'll have to work very very hard! Dump your computer if you want under AIR 100. Otherwise, get to Kota. Don't keep a single gadget other than a basic mobile with you. The environment there is matchless! Btw, where are you from?

and one more thing, getting into IIT is a great thing.. but that must not be your ambition!

OP
Neo

Neo

Don't get too much into Class 11th studies.... I am not asking you to stop it... Learn only the basics...!! Like basic Differentiation, Integration, Units/Dimensions, Error Measurement, Significant digits, basic kinematics, basic mechanics, Trigonometry... I guess might have gone through most of these... Still, stick to these.. Practice!!

Unless you're excellent at these topics, don't move ahead at all.

And mind you, Top 100 is no child's play. I can show you more than 100 children of your age who have completed books like HC Verma & all... You'll have to work very very hard! Dump your computer if you want under AIR 100. Otherwise, get to Kota. Don't keep a single gadget other than a basic mobile with you. The environment there is matchless! Btw, where are you from?

and one more thing, getting into IIT is a great thing.. but that must not be your ambition!

i'm from hisar(haryana) 160 frm delhi.
i hv listened that kota's envirment is not good.....u know how i mean,
y that's not to be my ambition.

abhijangda

Padawan
Best option for you, is to go for coaching classes in Delhi.
Also Delhi environment is not good but I think it is better than that of Kota.
There are many centres in Delhi, but best are really found in Punjabi Bagh,West Delhi and Kalu Sarai, South Delhi.

OP
Neo

Neo

kunal.d said:
Dump your computer if you want under AIR 100. Don't keep a single gadget other than a basic mobile with you.

that's a problem.how do i do it.?

abhijangda said:
Best option for you, is to go for coaching classes in Delhi.
Also Delhi environment is not good but I think it is better than that of Kota.
There are many centres in Delhi, but best are really found in Punjabi Bagh,West Delhi and Kalu Sarai, South Delhi.

name some.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
name some.

Fiitjee centres in delhi is the best fiitjee centre and produces many iitians. they also teach students from class 9th onwards (even class 6th onwards).
But do your research before opting for a particular coaching centre

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Sure, go join a good coaching centre and maybe you'll make it......:|

You should realize that IIT's reputation is made 50% by the efforts of their students and 50% due to people's perception. I have seen a lot of people from lesser institutes doing much better work than IITs. It's really not the end of the world if you don't get into IIT, you know.

But, I guess money does talk in our society.........

(BTW I grew up in a research oriented community and I know darn well what kind of research comes out of which institutes.)

OP
Neo

Neo

so here's the plan...

i think i should just do the syllabus of 11 in 9th and of 12th in 10th.
and when i get into 11 & 12 i'll just the prepare for the Jee.

how's it>?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
It's a good plan.......try your best, you may, however, find some topics of 11th tough at this stage.

I'd say you take it topic-by-topic and study the easier parts of 11th and 12th in your 9th and tougher parts in your 10th.

What's tough and what's easy changes from person to person, but topics like magnetism, electrostatics, mechanics (for example) may contain some maths you aren't very good at yet. So you may want to defer those till your maths gets better (i.e. study those in 10th).

It's not as easy as it sounds, the board exam is a very different story compared to the JEE. You may not remember everything by the time you give your 11th and 12th, so you will definitely have to revise (for example, theorems and the like).

And remember to concentrate on your 10th! Do not ignore subjects like english - to get admission to 11th, you need the full spectrum of scores, not just PCM/Science. Do well.....

Since this is your chosen pursuit, I wish you the best of luck.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Thanks all for giving the right advice and helping the lad with his ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.