(!NEED URGENT HELP!)Headphones/IEMs specifically for METAL MUSIC on SMARTPHONE (around Rs.600)

thegrinreaper

Broken In
Hi, Please try to reply with haste here,
Device: Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman (WT19i)
My Old ES-18 just stopped working and I am looking for new headphones/IEMs in the same range.
METAL and ROCK music is the priority here,
Drums and discrete sounds > Random distortions and volume.

I really loved the ES-18, but the the treble crunch often sounded too harsh and the build quality could have been better.
I want equal or comparable sound quality for the same price, so please recommend.
I am a very rough user, so some thing with comparable quality but cheaper would be really appreciated.

So far, I have considered the following:

JVC HA-FX34 Marshmallow
Heard a lot about these, but have no idea how their quality is. Seem unreliable as a brand
Also, a little on the cheaper side

ES-18
These were really good and seem to be the most recommended ones.
But, I do feel like trying something new out

Skull cand.... : JUST KIDDIN

Senhiesser MX-170
Really cheap, reliable brand, good reviews
No noise isolation, dunno about durability,not IEMs, Please add some reliable advice for this one.

MOST SERIOUS CONTENDERS:

Philips SHE 3590BL:
Good reviews overall, Dunno about BUILD QUALITY.
How do these fare vs ES-18 ?

Cowon EM-1 :
Very mixed reviews, Either really good or really bad
also dunno much about this brand
SOME REAL ADVICE would be really helpful.
are costlier than ES-18, so must be really good.

$hadow

Geek in making
Em 1 is a good option if you want to try something new or else ES 18 is always a good buy.

OP
T

thegrinreaper

Broken In
The HJE-180E has a lot of models for the same price and different suffixes (A,W,B)...I hope those are only for Color, If not please inform me.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
They are just Color Codes.I like my Metal presented a bit warm and slightly laid back and not harsh aggressive and bright,that kills the long listening sessions. But if you want hard edged aggressive then buy something from JBL. Klipsch is great for rock and Metal but the good ones are for Rs 7K and above.

Top Bottom