Need to buy a phone in 25k range

great_manish

Journeyman
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
4. Preferred choice of brand?
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
12. Any other info that you want to share

Answers:
1. 25k-ish
2. >= 4 inches
3. Bar
5. Touch
6. Front camera needed
7. Strictly Android (should be ICS ready)
12. Should have mods (cyanogen etc.) . If not now then in the future (CM 9 mayb) . Preferably dual core.
11. Galaxy R (after its price dropped), Optimus 2x

* Im currently using a Samsung Wave II s8530

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get Galaxy R. cost ~22.3k. but Optimus 2X cost ~19k. if you are ready to load custom rom, O2X sounds better else its R.

OP
G

great_manish

Journeyman
get Galaxy R. cost ~22.3k. but Optimus 2X cost ~19k. if you are ready to load custom rom, O2X sounds better else its R.

Hi Sam, thanks for ur answer..

Overall, galaxy r seems a better choice than optimus 2x ... but i dont see any mods for it .. also i wonder if it will get official ics before q3 next year...

do u have any idea how stable is cm7+o2x ? are there still any bugs ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi Sam, thanks for ur answer..

Overall, galaxy r seems a better choice than optimus 2x ... but i dont see any mods for it .. also i wonder if it will get official ics before q3 next year...

do u have any idea how stable is cm7+o2x ? are there still any bugs ?

Galaxy R will get mods ultimately. maybe it has not entered sell in all countries. and S2 will get ICS update before Q2 2012 for sure (a testing build leaked today), so R's update shouldn't be far behind. it "may" get official CyanogenMod9 as Optimus2X will.

sorry, no idea about cm7 build for O2X. check XDA.

ayaskant12

Broken In
where is it available for 28k ? .... in kolkata mobile prices have risen because of the increase in value of US dollar...

My friend here got himself a note for 29k
Search a bit you will definitely get it in that range.
A month old galaxy s2 is selling on Ebay for 24k
You may check that out too

aroraanant

Explorer
I won't suggest you to go for SII as almost every SII has some problem in the screen(manufacturing defect).
If you can then go for Note.Easily available for 29k in local market
While he Galaxy R is available for 21k or may be less but not more than that.Don't buy it for 23k

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Galaxy R got a newer price tag of Rs.20,990 on letsbuy... after 5% coupon u'll get it for 19,990
u can get it from ebay too for the same price (Deal of the week)

ayaskant12

Broken In
I9100G (the version with the OMAP PROCESSOR) seems to have better battery and no problems.
Anyways most s2 problems are exaggerated
Users complain about blue tint issue etc is nitpicking at best
These are hardly noticeable and mostly won't affect daily usage in any way. I myself haven't noticed any on my or on my friends set.
You have to Lowe r brightness to minimum then open a light background page and then water your life's precious 20 mins to find the tint, huh....

*waste

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
I9100G (the version with the OMAP PROCESSOR) seems to have better battery and no problems.
Anyways most s2 problems are exaggerated
Users complain about blue tint issue etc is nitpicking at best
These are hardly noticeable and mostly won't affect daily usage in any way. I myself haven't noticed any on my or on my friends set.
You have to Lowe r brightness to minimum then open a light background page and then water your life's precious 20 mins to find the tint, huh....

*waste

Its not only "just" that tint, its the defect you get even after spending a huge amount on a mobile, (of the worth of which you get a i5 laptop) but you choose it because you can pocket it. Nothing beats a perfect SAMOLED+ screen, but you have to be luck enough to get one. The tint actually drags the displays capacity to have extreme viewing angles. If you find a good amoled display you can see virtually NO change in colors even from angles of 150+ degrees, a feat in itself.
#videophile

EDIT: The tint is visible even in small angle changes which you can easily encounter daily. (try browsing white web pages which appear bluish...sucks)

Last edited:
Its not only "just" that tint, its the defect you get even after spending a huge amount on a mobile, (of the worth of which you get a i5 laptop) but you choose it because you can pocket it. Nothing beats a perfect SAMOLED+ screen, but you have to be luck enough to get one. The tint actually drags the displays capacity to have extreme viewing angles. If you find a good amoled display you can see virtually NO change in colors even from angles of 150+ degrees, a feat in itself.
#videophile

EDIT: The tint is visible even in small angle changes which you can easily encounter daily. (try browsing white web pages which appear bluish...sucks)

Its superamoled+ issue, even the upcoming Galaxy Nexus is also suffering. Few users are reporting about it. Well, that's just pure luck which "tint" device you get but even if its, you cant see on normal usage. :))

ayaskant12

Broken In
even initial iphone retina displays had defect due to glue causing a tint

spending more than or almost 30k on a phone is still not wise if u are comparing to ur laptop
since the phone will be outdated in a year

its upto u how u use and judge

OP
G

great_manish

Journeyman
Galaxy R got a newer price tag of Rs.20,990 on letsbuy... after 5% coupon u'll get it for 19,990
u can get it from ebay too for the same price (Deal of the week)

The ebay dealer wont ship to kolkata without some form 50a.

anybody got a working letsbuy coupon ?

OP
G

great_manish

Journeyman
Thanks sam and abhishek...

finally i ordered a galaxy r from letsbuy for Rs. 19990 :D

there's a free "Branded Accessories Kit Worth Rs.1200" with the phone... anybody knows whats in it ? a bt headset ?

Last edited:

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Thanks sam and abhishek...

finally i ordered a galaxy r from letsbuy for Rs. 19990 :D

there's a free "Branded Accessories Kit Worth Rs.1200" with the phone... anybody knows whats in it ? a bt headset ?

Congrats... so, coupons working now..

whatever tht freebies may be... its a much better deal thn ebay

OP
G

great_manish

Journeyman
I wonder when letsbuy will deliver it... they havent dispatched it as yet ! ... the order status is still "in process" on their site.. :( .. i should have gone for flipkart ... their service is too good.

Top Bottom