Need the best for Rs 20K(not more than that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vps85

Broken In
hi

iam going to update my age old Pentium 3 system.
now iam in a dilemma

1)should i go for 64 bit.if so AMD64 or intel 64 bit.
2)should i wait for the dual core processors to arrive in india and then buy.

1)also which is the best mobo for AMD64 which is having a inbuilt graphics and inbuilt 6 channel sound and ddr2 ram support.
2)should i go for AMD 64 bit or intel p4HT ?
3)i need the price for these preferably in tamilnadu

Pentium 4 3.0GHZ with HT
Intel 915G
512MB DDR@400MHZ
120GB Samsung or Seagate HDD@7200 rpm

Also is there any Pcle graphics cards below rs 10K with atleast 128MB Video RAM?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
should i go for 64 bit.if so AMD64 or intel 64 bit.
for gaming amd 64 should be the way to go besides where do you find intel 64 in india as yet.are they not expensive.let others take the lead here.

2)should i wait for the dual core processors to arrive in india and then buy.
how long you gonna wait and they may not become so cheap atleast before maybe 1.5-2yrs,let others confirm ,

1)also which is the best mobo for AMD64 which is having a inbuilt graphics and inbuilt 6 channel sound and ddr2 ram support.
almost no amd 64 mobo has dd2 to the best of my knowledge though maybe some has come out or will as amd plans to go ddr 2 way as i read somewhere , probable though don't take it absolute and fully correct or precise.
no board has good onboard graphics though one may have acctepable graphics with one mobo that exists,acceptable in respect to onbaord video atelast.
cheap mobo won't have too good quality sound and should be having weak bass.

for all this you may need to increase your budget or leave many of this

2)should i go for AMD 64 bit or intel p4HT ?
for gaming,amd 64

3)i need the price for these preferably in tamilnadu

probably some of my prices shoyuld be approx,general,of diff cities somettimes maybe and some of delhi,or some prices read here and there maybe

you may get intel 3.0ghz + intel orig 915 maybe for 14k,surely not above 17k,
rather go for gigabyte mobo,or asus etc
pls check the peroformance comparision though

512MB DDR@400MHZ
corsair ,almost 3550 in delhi
simmtroncis should be for about 2500 and so should be hynix about >2.5k
try to avoid simmtronics , consider hynix though,good oc ablility,fantastic oc with d43 chips i think

120GB Samsung or Seagate HDD@7200 rpm
why not sata?
normal should be for about 3200

performs better than normal 6600
geforce 6600gt 128mb should cost 11250 for pci

geforce 6600 should cost about 7.5 to maybe 8k and up
don't go for mobo with onboard graphics

754:
amd 3000 64 + asus k8n,about 13k
or amd 3200 + asus k8n,about 15.5k
maybe few hundred less
,like 100-300 or +-

amd 3000 winchester,have seen it loose to 754 3000 as this particular model seems slow

decent mb,msi nforce 4 about 9k

msi cheaper mobo may come for about 6.5-7k

try not to take asrock but there should be one with 754,939 socket ,though slot may be agp,confirm please for about 4000-4500 maybe

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I too have a p3 866 system that i plan to upgrade and here is what i propose Buy a nforce 4 ultra mobo and a 3000 amd cpu 64bit this should cost about Rs 18,000/- and rest of the money to buy RAM.
By the way what cpu do you use in your p3? I am looking for a p3 1Ghz cpu in case you want to sell.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
My suggestion for a low budget would be the AMD 64 3000 and the MSI rs480M2 . Check this link out for its details.

MSI RS480M2 Specifications

If Im correct the total for these 2 in Chennai should be around 12 to 13 k. The display card is decent enough to play any of the current games in the market if Im correct. Also what use are you going to use this system for ? based on that you might be able to shrink the costs more :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom