Need suggestions on a 16GB Pen drive

bukaida

In the zone
Oops, I was concentrated on 16 gb aspects so much that I missed the usb 3 aspects. My mistake. That model is usb 2.0.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys how about this one?
Sony Micro Vault U 3.0 16GB Pen Drive (Black) - Buy @ Rs.780/- Online | Snapdeal India
Is Sony a good brand when it comes to pen drives?

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
I'm not an enthusiast when it comes to data speeds but a regular Transcend USB 3.0 should do the job if you're just watching movies off it. Especially, the full 1080p ones as it requires higher data rates than a regular 480p video.

However, if you were to race against the greatest and latest then the SanDisk's Extreme USB 3.0 is currently the snappiest of all drives on earth, you can read the full article here

IMHO, unless you REALLY need the extra speed for some particular reason, in which case you should definitely go for it, otherwise the Transcend thumb drives aren't that bad for daily usage. But whatever you do, just do not buy a regular Kingston(unless you have all the time in the world to transfer files). Trust me, I've regretted buying an 8GB USB 2.0 drive slower than the cheapest Transcend that simply blows it out of the water.

Happy Buying :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys I need a 16GB Pen drive with USB 3.0 Support.
Main purpose would be to copy videos from PC onto the flash drive and watch it on my LED TV.
USB 3.0 is very important because I will be copying huge files onto the pen drive.
does your LED TV has USB 3.0 port?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Few days back bought a Kingston Datatraveller 100G3 16gb usb3.0 from ebay for Rs.840/-. The write speed is not good - just 9-10MBps on usb2.0 port where as my strontium gives 17MBps. Ther read rate is almost the same - approximately 30MBps. Didn't check the speed on usb 3.0 port as I will be using it mostly on the front usb port.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I expected that kingston will be much faster than the cheap strontium. I will try the usb 3.0 port and post the result.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys sorry for digging this one again?
Need a 16 GB Pen/Thumb Drive
Requirements are
1. Need to be small since will be used in car stereo
2. Need to have USB 3.0

Kindly advise.

- - - Updated - - -

bhai log?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm back to searching another one. I returned the one I bought since it was not playing songs on my car stereo.

- - - Updated - - -

Bhai log?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
As mentioned my primary requirements are it needs to be small and supports car stereo.
I think for now maybe USB 3.0 is not supported by Car Stereo.

Top Bottom