Need suggestions for 8 GB Pen Drive

Sarath

iDota
Why is OP so confused? Am I missing something?

Availability issues with Sandisk, Transcend, Sony etc [mentioned these as I have used only these and dont want to talk out of my experience]

I still hail Sandisk but in my experience Transcend has always given me better speeds and reliability; strange. But I still buy Sandisk first its etched into my mind that they are the best {might not be, just my opinion}

Dont go for unknown brands. Replacing them might be a problem since most pen drives fail after regular use. Almost all do.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Why is OP so confused? Am I missing something?

Availability issues with Sandisk, Transcend, Sony etc [mentioned these as I have used only these and dont want to talk out of my experience]

I still hail Sandisk but in my experience Transcend has always given me better speeds and reliability; strange. But I still buy Sandisk first its etched into my mind that they are the best {might not be, just my opinion}

Dont go for unknown brands. Replacing them might be a problem since most pen drives fail after regular use. Almost all do.

Sarath, I'm the op and as mentioned on 27th June post above I have already purchased Sandisk pen drive for Rs 500. Looks like Gourav also is interested in purchasing a pen drive and is asking for suggestions from other folks on the brands he has seen Hp and Strontium.

Mods, if you think this thread needs to be closed kindly go ahead and close it.

Sarath

iDota
lol my bad. I read the post below yours asking for those strontium pendrives.

I thought he was OP. Anyways congrats. If you hadnt bought it I would have said subscribe to Digit. Thats how I got my 8GB Sandisk Pendrive free w/ one year subs.

:-D

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I see some things on the pen drive. Maybe they are some applications.
If I format the drive wouldn't I lose them?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have corsair flash voyager 8gb pen drive which is better than my kingston 8gb one.corsair also gives 10yrs warranty.

Sarath

iDota
Do you really need that software. I almost always delete them. But some are useful so I have stacked them in a seperate folder on my PC but never on my portable memory.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I see some things on the pen drive. Maybe they are some applications.
If I format the drive wouldn't I lose them?

Copy paste them if you want, then format. If they are in your pen-drive preloaded, they can definitely be downloaded again from Kingston's website.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Have a new problem now. The front USB Ports on my PC Cabinet seem to not recognize the Pen Drives that I insert. Some of them are getting detected while some are not showing. Would the front ports have gone bad.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys how can I check what is the transfer speed of my pen drive. I find that the same file gets copied faster on my friend's PC whereas it takes longer time to copy it on my PC.

Last edited:

HailStonE

Broken In
I use Verbatim 8Gb & find it to be much faster especially if formatted with NTFS file system, They though give only three years warranty unlike Sandisk's 5 years..

Its widely accepted that Sandisk blade drives are quite slow than others availbale in the market...

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
I have corsair flash voyager 8gb pen drive which is better than my kingston 8gb one.corsair also gives 10yrs warranty.

^^ +10

have to buy an 8GB pen-drive...had sony micro vault in mind....then a friend suggested this corsair one; i checked reviews, and was completely blown away ! getting it on this weekend :grin:

(sorry for this, but tenida bhai, need your suggestion pls....kindly head over to my keyboard-thread...stuck again :grin: )

Top Bottom