Need some advise on ubuntu and mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
Hi,i want to use ubuntu or mac can i able to insall mac on my system and how.and which is better linux or mac.is any way to run windows games and apps on linux.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Hi,i want to use ubuntu or mac can i able to insall mac on my system and how.and which is better linux or mac.is any way to run windows games and apps on linux.

1. You cannot install Mac on your system legally. You will have to buy a Mac or Macbook which comes with Mac pre-installed.

2. Mac is better in terms of usability and applications (there are lots of them). Linux is particularly for geeks and low-budget people (because it's free! while Mac starts at about Rs. 60,000. In terms of security, both of them are better than Windows.

3. To run Windows apps on linux, download a software called WINE for linux from WineHQ - Wine Binary Downloads . But you can only run one Windows app at a time.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You cant install Mac OSX legally on any pc except a mac or mac book.
So better install Ubuntu to stay away from stability and other issues.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Gaurav,

There is a 3rd party OS X build for X86 PCs but it is extremely buggy and you should be very lucky to get it working. Get Ubuntu 11.04 or 10.10 instead.

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
according to me go for ubuntu.. as it will get install easily…
however mac on intel has lots of bugs its true! but if u r lucky to install it without problems then there is nothing best than that!!!

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
From OSx86 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apple does not authorize the use of the Mac OS on any x86 PC other than the ones it has developed itself. The company used a Trusted Platform Module, or TPM, to tie Mac OS to the systems it distributed to developers after announcing its switch to Intel's chips.

The Mac OS X EULA forbids installations of Mac OS X on a "non-Apple-branded computer". On July 3, 2008, Apple filed a lawsuit against Psystar Corporation for violating this restriction, among other claims. Apple claimed Psystar "violated the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by dodging copy-protection technologies Apple uses to protect Mac OS X. "Apple employs technological protection measures that effectively control access to Apple's copyrighted works [...] Defendant has illegally circumvented Apple's technological copyright-protection measures." Specifically, Apple charged Psystar with acquiring or creating code that "avoids, bypasses, removes, descrambles, decrypts, deactivates or impairs a technological protection measure without Apple's authority for the purpose of gaining unauthorized access to Apple's copyrighted works." This brief revealed that Apple considers the methods that it uses to prevent Mac OS X from being installed on non-Apple hardware to be protected by the DMCA.

On November 13, 2009, the court granted Apple's motion for summary judgment and found Apple's copyrights were violated as well as the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) when Psystar installed Apple's operating system on non-Apple computers. A hearing on remedies was set for December 14.
On January 14, 2009, the Gadget Lab site of Wired Magazine posted a video tutorial for installing Mac OS X on an MSI Wind netbook, but removed it following a complaint from Apple. Textual instructions remain, but include an EULA violation disclaimer.

So, if you really want to use Mac OS X, go for Macbook / iMac. You can install Linux on Macbook.
Else, better stick with Windows + Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom