Need recommendations for cheap a wireless keyboard-mouse combo

quicky008

Technomancer
i had been using microsoft's wireless desktop 2000 combo set with one of my systems for the last few years.However very recently the keyboard in it stopped working for no rhyme or reason-even after replacing the battery it failed to start up.So i figured that its probably dead and i will have to buy a new wireless keyboard-mouse combo once again.

I wanted to go for a microsoft keyboard but they seem to be short supply wherever i looked,and the ones that are available are priced somewhat exorbitantly.Therefore please recommend an inexpensive wireless keyboard+mouse combo thats reliable.Also another important factor that should be considered is that its battery consumption should be minimal.My budget is Rs 1500.

(ps while searching I found Dell's KM113 wireless combo thats available for around 1300-does anyone know whether its good or not?)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
i had been using microsoft's wireless desktop 2000 combo set with one of my systems for the last few years.However very recently the keyboard in it stopped working for no rhyme or reason-even after replacing the battery it failed to start up.So i figured that its probably dead and i will have to buy a new wireless keyboard-mouse combo once again.

I wanted to go for a microsoft keyboard but they seem to be short supply wherever i looked,and the ones that are available are priced somewhat exorbitantly.Therefore please recommend an inexpensive wireless keyboard+mouse combo thats reliable.Also another important factor that should be considered is that its battery consumption should be minimal.My budget is Rs 1500.

(ps while searching I found Dell's KM113 wireless combo thats available for around 1300-does anyone know whether its good or not?)

I bought Dell KM113 a year ago for my secondary PC (for my primary I use TVS Gold cheapest Mechanical kb). I bought that wireless KB so that my family can use it from sofa or something while playing media files on the PC. It worked great for a while. But then it stopped. I thought it was the battery. I changed it to Duracell batteries. But for some reason it just keeps stop working. I don't know if its the battery dying fast or some other reason. Neither I had time to experiment. So I just dropped that KB and mouse to storage and got Amazon Basics wired KB and mouse combo instead. It isn't much great quality but atleast it works and I don't listen complaints from my family.

That Dell KB is lying around and I would have traded with you, had you been in Delhi. But personally I am done with cheap wireless KB and will only buy a good quality ones in future or if they don't operate from AAA batteries. -_-

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Thanks for sharing this info,for how long does the k/b work before it stops working?Did it happen after the warranty period expired?And what kind of battery life did you get out of this keyboard and mouse before this issue cropped up?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for sharing this info,for how long does the k/b work before it stops working?Did it happen after the warranty period expired?And what kind of battery life did you get out of this keyboard and mouse before this issue cropped up?
It stops working within few days after replacing battery. I don't know if its the KB fault. I only know that there is no way to turn KB off. Only mouse can be turned off. KB is always remain active. Maybe that's the issue that battery is depleted. Maybe that's not the issue and my KB was faulty. In any case, my first experience of wireless KB was ruined.

I would instead bet on Logitech KB suggested by others.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually most of the wireless keyboards from big brands don't have any on/off switch,they all rely on auto standby.It is just that auto standby of Logitech is much more efficient resulting in great battery life.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I do not have box or bill with me right now. Not able to find model no. on it. Sorry.

Last edited:

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I am using Rapoo X1800 mouse keyboard combo bought in June 2015. The battery is not yet replaced.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
has anyone here used this keyboard:

HP Classic Desktop J8F13AA/V4L74AA#ACJ Wireless Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse Combo - HP : Flipkart.com

Can it be considered reliable?Its pretty cheap and so i might end up buying it if it has no major issues.

Top Bottom