Need recommendations - Budget up to 20K

yabbadaaba

Broken In
1. Budget? - Up to 20K but can go up to 25K as well

2. Display type and size? - Definitely not LCD and size has to be the biggest possible in this budget

3. Dual sim? - Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand? - None

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - Camera is not a priority at all

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). - Android 13 pre-installed if possible

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi) - Doesn't matter

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Youtube, social media, Calls, E-mails.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - No

10. Any other info that you want to share -

a. Main objective is to have a long-lasting fast phone which can handle slight rough usage for the above-mentioned uses.

b. I'm willing to wait a while also if any new phone is in pipeline - moreover, sale period is not on at the moment with major bank offers.

c. I can install custom ROMs in bloatware ridden phone if it is cheaper and better than any other phone.

d. Phone is for my senior citizen mother.

OP
Y

yabbadaaba

Broken In
Get her Moto G82 or G71 if you want to save some money.

Sent from my moto g82 5G using Tapatalk

I have looked at these two but apprehensive of Moto's slow or no updates and after sales support.

What about Chinese brands? Surely, they would have better specs at even lower price compared to Moto considering I'll install custom ROMs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have looked at these two but apprehensive of Moto's slow or no updates and after sales support.
They both are running Android 12 as of now and got 5G OTA update before pixels did. Getting a pixel 6a would benefit you with longer OS updates but is over your budget.
What about Chinese brands? Surely, they would have better specs at even lower price compared to Moto considering I'll install custom ROMs.
Trust me when I say this, you do not want that headache when you won't be using the phone yourself.

For custom ROMs, check xda for actual ROM support.

Moto G82 is a pretty balanced phone. Yes, Moto is slow with updates, along with Xiaomi. In fact BBK is better than these 2, obviously Samsung & Pixels are at top for software support & updates.

OP
Y

yabbadaaba

Broken In
For custom ROMs, check xda for actual ROM support.

Moto G82 is a pretty balanced phone. Yes, Moto is slow with updates, along with Xiaomi. In fact BBK is better than these 2, obviously Samsung & Pixels are at top for software support & updates.

I have a Samsung and was considering the new 5G range they have but their timely updates slowing down the phone and not coming with a charger is deal breaker.

Moto G82 seems to be the only option.

realme10 pro+ launched at 25k today with A13 out of the box and mediatek dimensity 1080. How is the processor in comparison to Snapdragon ones?

OP
Y

yabbadaaba

Broken In
They both are running Android 12 as of now and got 5G OTA update before pixels did. Getting a pixel 6a would benefit you with longer OS updates but is over your budget.

Trust me when I say this, you do not want that headache when you won't be using the phone yourself.

Have you shared review of your g82 here?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
realme10 pro+ launched at 25k today with A13 out of the box and mediatek dimensity 1080. How is the processor in comparison to Snapdragon ones?
Stock OS is crap and there are no custom roms, even if you wanted to flash them.
Have you shared review of your g82 here?

No, but GSMArena has
*www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g82-review-2508.php

PS: This was my thread: Phone recommendation under 30k

I have a Samsung and was considering the new 5G range they have but their timely updates slowing down the phone and not coming with a charger is deal breaker.

Moto G82 seems to be the only option.

I don't think there are any substantial evidence against Samsung for slowing the phones, unlike Apple. It will be just a case of not so optimised OS & weak battery which can't run the SoC at max performance as it ages.

Realme 10 pro+, might have been ok if they sticked to the previous camera (Sony 50MP + OIS) for rear, but camera is a downgrade IMO. 108MP sensors are not as great as you might think.

Dimensity 1080 is same as Dimensity 920, so inferior to S778G, faster than S695, but nothing major to be noticeable. For best performance, look for S870 phones or Dimensity 8100 powered K50i. IMO G82 is a good phone all round with no major issues for normal usage.

OP
Y

yabbadaaba

Broken In
I don't think there are any substantial evidence against Samsung for slowing the phones, unlike Apple. It will be just a case of not so optimised OS & weak battery which can't run the SoC at max performance as it ages.

Realme 10 pro+, might have been ok if they sticked to the previous camera (Sony 50MP + OIS) for rear, but camera is a downgrade IMO. 108MP sensors are not as great as you might think.

Dimensity 1080 is same as Dimensity 920, so inferior to S778G, faster than S695, but nothing major to be noticeable. For best performance, look for S870 phones or Dimensity 8100 powered K50i. IMO G82 is a good phone all round with no major issues for normal usage.
Talking about 778G - moto edge30 is available at 23k which is 3k more than G82. Is the price difference worth it considering better processor, lesser battery, HDR10+, 144HZ refresh rate etc?

Talking about 778G - moto edge30 is available at 23k which is 3k more than G82. Is the price difference worth it considering better processor, lesser battery, HDR10+, 144HZ refresh rate etc?
Didn't know it was 23k these days, used to be 25-26k on sales w/o card offers. A sale is starting at midnight, so can consider that.

Advantage of G82 over Edge 30 is better battery life, 3.5mm jack & SD card slot. Else, Edge 30 is faster, has better rear cams, thinner & lighter.

Compare Motorola Moto G82 vs. Motorola Edge 30 - GSMArena.com

OP
Y

yabbadaaba

Broken In
Didn't know it was 23k these days, used to be 25-26k on sales w/o card offers. A sale is starting at midnight, so can consider that.

Advantage of G82 over Edge 30 is better battery life, 3.5mm jack & SD card slot. Else, Edge 30 is faster, has better rear cams, thinner & lighter.

6gb variant is 23k and 8gb variant is 25k.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

I am hoping someday Motorola makes a better phone than Zenfone 9 with 5k mAh battery. :|

I am hoping someday Motorola makes a better phone than Zenfone 9 with 5k mAh battery. :|

With size constraints, I doubt 5k battery will fit, but 4.5k will be decent. Anyways, not much hope from Moto as most people tend to buy bigger sized phones even though it doesn't suit them ergonomically. Zenfone & Moto are equally bad for software updates, so Zenfone 9 is good enough IMO with software support & UI being its cons for me.

I just hope, I can get S24/25 on a good deal when it is time to upgrade for me. I have dropped my S20FE a lot compared to previous phones because of size.

Top Bottom