need .prov file for Aircel pocketinternet to use googlemaps,orkut,gmail etc java apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra_S

Broken In
i am using aircel pocket internet in nokia s40 series phone(nokia 7210 supernova)
my problem is that java applications like google maps,orkut,gmail etc are not working for me.i know the only way is to have .prov file to enable these applications.

so any help in this issue will be appreciated...

Re: need .prov file for Aircel pocketinternet to use googlemaps,orkut,gmail etc java

Thing is default setting is Aircel WAP where you sms WAP to some number to get the WAP settings.
That means only browsing from phone's default browser.

If you want Java support, you should get Aircel PocketInternet settings for which you need to send the same SMS to the same number but with PI instead of WAP. I forgot the number :oops: but maybe customer care will help you.

Once you do this, go to configuration and select the new setting as the default.

OP
chandra_S

chandra_S

Broken In
Re: need .prov file for Aircel pocketinternet to use googlemaps,orkut,gmail etc java

Thing is default setting is Aircel WAP where you sms WAP to some number to get the WAP settings.
That means only browsing from phone's default browser.

If you want Java support, you should get Aircel PocketInternet settings for which you need to send the same SMS to the same number but with PI instead of WAP. I forgot the number :oops: but maybe customer care will help you.

Once you do this, go to configuration and select the new setting as the default.
thanks for your interest.but i already have my pocket internet settings i got it by sending PI to 121 . opera mini 5 beta is working fine for me, but other Java applications like Google maps, Mig,orkut,etc are showing errors in connecting to net . these applications worked fine for me when i am using Airtel mobile office but for aircel they are not working.:-|

thanks for your interest.but i already have my pocket internet settings i got it by sending PI to 121 . opera mini 5 beta is working fine for me, but other Java applications like Google maps, Mig,orkut,etc are showing errors in connecting to net . these applications worked fine for me when i am using Airtel mobile office but for aircel they are not working.:-|
Did you go to application access and enable data connectivity as either always-allowed or ask-first-time-only ?

Because if even ONE java app is working (OM5beta) then problem is not with Aircel PI.

But its really odd that they work with MO and not PI...

nmenon

Broken In

I have used Airtel's Mobile Office and NOP connections. The NOP was a wap connection, and many java apps like Opera mini refused to work while some others like the UC Web browser (java version only) used to work on my 3230. One of my friends got the 3 day PI recharge on Aircel and is facing the same problem on his N73. Though Opera Mini (4 & 5 beta) and UC Web 7 work, GMaps and other apps like Snaptu etc. don't work. Maybe its something that the guys at Aircel are blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom