Need Passive Subwooder For pioneer htp-071 .

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
I bought pioneer htp 071 few months ago.I am not at all satisfied with its subwoofer , it dosen't have good punch , woofer distorts , Previously I had Logitech z5500 which was best system Ive had !!So i want to replace subwoofer of my pioneer htp 071 with good one , so any suggestions ??

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Deos the AVR has subwoofer pre-out? If so go for active sub. Passive sub is not going to improve the LFE performance as the built in amp and power supply of the AVR may not be adequate to support all the 5 channels+sub. Even if your AVR has no subwoofer pre-out, you can go for active woofers that has speaker level inputs.

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
No it Dosen't have Subwoofer pre-out.So you are saying that I can connect Active sub which has speaker level input ,, so can you suggest me good subwoofers for my AVR ?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
What is your budget for subwoofer?

You can use subwoofer with speaker level inputs. Usually all active subs have this. But some like the Astonia subs have no speaker level input. So check before buying.

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
My budget for sub is around 10k. I dont know how much costs sub. Can u suggest me good ones? Ive searched on ebay but those are expensive subwoofers..

Last edited:

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Good subs are always costly. Around 15K you have options like Polk PSW110, Sonodyne Roar 108 etc. But you should check if they have speaker level inputs also.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
You can even go for assembled local ones....custom circuits and any subwoofer speaker in a enclosure of your choice