Need Opinions as i have changed my decision to wait and buy 7850.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
But my friend has this card on his dual core system and 1600x900 and he says fifa doesn't lag for him. I mean, FIFA is not a graphics oriented game so it shouldn't lag, right?

EDIT:

I just used AMD overdrive and overclocked it a little bit to 820 mhz and 1020 mhz and now skyrim has smoother frames in both day and night at high settings.

Use the latest catalyst driver.

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
did you update your gfx card drivers ??

8.86.1 released back on may/june 2011 and after that many driver version was released to improve the performance of many latest games and that's why you saw a bump in performance in Skyrim because only 20 Mhz increase in clock speeds won't even give you a single FPS.

Anyway, congrats ;-)

Thank you, TG. All my games are running smooth on high, expect fifa 12, but that is down to a problem with some ATI cards and fifa, the frames it shows on the screen is around 50 but the game is stuttering. >.<

Use the latest catalyst driver.

I am on catalyst version 12.8 driver version 8.982 something. downloaded from the ATI website.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep. Catalyst 12.8 comes with god performance improvements for many latest games and for the Fifa 12 issue you can try updating the game - for discussion about 12.8 driver you can have a look at this thread :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/159484-amd-catalyst-driver-update-thread-12-8-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom