Need opinion on the config i've chosen

jawahirhk89

Right off the assembly line
I'm planning on opening a Gaming Center which includes console gaming as well. I came up with the following configuration for the Gaming PC. I'd like to know if any component changes can be made to lower the budget, without compromising on its performance. Also any suggestions will be helpful. :smile:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what config have you chosen? budget for the systems & total no of system you are planning to buy? also fill the pc buying template.

OP
J

jawahirhk89

Right off the assembly line
Oops :oops: i forgot to post my config list in my earlier post... :oops:
Here it goes:

1) Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 970, 3.50 GHz/8MB Cache/AM3

2) Mother Board: ASUS M5A87: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3

3) Memory (RAM): 8 GB SAMSUNG DUAL DDR3 (2x4GB)

4) Graphics Card: 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 6950, HDMI, 2mDP, Directx11,
Eyefinity 4 Capable

5) Memory (Hard Disk): 300 GB INTEL 320 Series SSD, SATA 3GB/s

6) SMPS (Power Supply): Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600W

7) Processor Cooling: Coolit ECO II A.L.C.(Advanced Liquid Cooler)

8) Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG

9)Network Facilities: 10/100/100 GIGABIT LAN PORT

10) USB Options: 6xUSB 2.0

11) OS: WIn 7 Home Premium 64 Bit/32 Bit (NOT Confirmed about this
because have to check if majority games are coming in 64 or not... if
64 then go for it, otherwise stick with 32 bit)(also want to know if all 32-bit games are playable on 64?)

12) Monitor: HP Elite L2201x

13) Headphones: Razor Orca

14) Mice: Razer DeathAdder Black

15) Keyboard: Razer Arctosa

bibinjohn

Journeyman
For RAM i think its better to go for Corsair or gskill..

Please read this thread before going for Cooler Mater PSU

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

You didnt mention abt cabinets.. What is your choice...?

Most of the new motherboard have at least 6 USB drives...

Cilus

laborare est orare
There are couple of suggestions from me:

1. 1st and foremost, as other members have already pointed out, the choice of PSU is the poorest part, there is a high chance of blowing up the whole rig with that Extreme Series PSU. Better get something stronger like Corsair TX750 V2 or Seasonic SS-850-AT 850W 80+ Bronze PSU @ 6.2K.

2. For processor, get the Phenom II 965 BE instead of 970. The former is 1K cheaper than the later with very marginal performance lost. The best thing is that 965 is a Black edition processor and you can increase the multiplier of 965 to 17.5 from 17 to make it run at Phenom II 975's speed with the stock cooler.

3. I know Samsung Rams are having very good reviews but the availability and after sales service might be an issue here. So get the Gskill RipjawX 1600 MHz 4GB modules which are tested and proven.

4. Regarding Monitor, I don't have any idea about HP LCD Displays. IMO, stick with some proven brands like Dell, BenQ or Samsung. BEnQ G2220HDL will be available within 8K and a very good option.

5. For Motherboard, my pick will be 990X based config with this kind of high end config. The Gigabyte 990X-UD3 is available around 9K.

6. In several cases Liquid Cooling kits had created some issues due to the leaking of the coolant material. So I'll suggest you to stick with some good Air cooler. Corsair A70 or Noctua D14 are very good option.

Top Bottom