Need new monitor, multimedia usage, around 15k, more than 24"

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, since the day was about to end, I just bought myself, the "" at 10% discount at just Rs 11,699.10. I think it's a sweet deal.

My next monitor seems to be a good upgrade from my older HP 22XW.

*images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71yvT-vgboL._SL1400_.jpg

Display size wise, the upgrade is following in comparison:

*www.displaywars.com/comparisons/21,5-inch-16x9-vs-27-inch-16x9.png

Thanks all of you for providing me suggestions and helping me decide on a good monitor! I finally went with what @whitestar_999 has suggested so early in the thread!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Congrats!
So you finally bought a IPS monitor :D

I think that 21" the max one should use if the purpose is only web surfing and reading. As, looking into the big screens for reading text becomes a cumbersome experience for the head.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Congrats!
So you finally bought a IPS monitor :D

I think that 21" the max one should use if the purpose is only web surfing and reading. As, looking into the big screens for reading text becomes a cumbersome experience for the head.
Yes. I will have to reposition my seat to maintain a respectable distance.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vyom Use this site to calibrate your monitor. LCD monitor test images
I didn't need to calibrate much. It was almost good out of the box. Just had to tone down the brightness since it was on full 100%.

It seems a good monitor for 27". However, the resolution of 1080p makes the monitor short of being awesome, because of it's size.
The pixels are indeed large and noticeable when used a regular PC, that is sitting too close. It's like using a 22" monitor on non fHD resolution; everything looks big.
Well, but I got what I bargained for, a cheap bug big and good IPS panel.

Here's the imgur album for pics of my new monitor: BenQ GW2780, 27 inch IPS 1080p Monitor (60 mb bandwidth)
Some samples:
*i.imgur.com/VcnGWMW.jpg
*i.imgur.com/s0q9jVJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/zabHqV1.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9sLTZwp.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ufQ2zDd.jpg

Top Bottom