Need monitor suggestions primarily for work (10 to 15K)

TechnoBOY

Padawan
1. Budget?
10 to 15K INR
2. Display type and size?
Anything above 1080p
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
It'll be mostly used for work and occasional media consumption.
4. Types and number of ports required?
5. Preferred choice of brand?
Any well-known brands
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
None
7. Any other info that you want to share?

www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Monitor-FreeSyncTM-Compatible/dp/B0C5MPH9G7

Since you have the budget, get something like this. Surely a gaming monitor is overkill for work, but my reason for recommending it is the panel quality, mainly better colours compared to cheaper IPS panels. Height adjustable stand is convenient to have & its within your budget. Wait for Prime Day sale beginning this weekend.

Something cheaper, that lacks height adjustable stand but still has a good panel:
www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-23-8-1080-0-5-Response/dp/B088FLG41L
This was my primary monitor for 2 years, now is my 2nd screen. You can always use jugaad to raise the monitor, like a thick book or something below it.

I bought this to adjust its height later:
www.amazon.in/dp/B08FFWN9M4

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Monitor-FreeSyncTM-Compatible/dp/B0C5MPH9G7

Since you have the budget, get something like this. Surely a gaming monitor is overkill for work, but my reason for recommending it is the panel quality, mainly better colours compared to cheaper IPS panels. Height adjustable stand is convenient to have & its within your budget. Wait for Prime Day sale beginning this weekend.

Something cheaper, that lacks height adjustable stand but still has a good panel:
www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-23-8-1080-0-5-Response/dp/B088FLG41L
This was my primary monitor for 2 years, now is my 2nd screen. You can always use jugaad to raise the monitor, like a thick book or something below it.

I bought this to adjust its height later:
www.amazon.in/dp/B08FFWN9M4
Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep an eye out for LG on prime day.
Is there any good 27" in this budget? And is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep an eye out for LG on prime day.
Is there any good 27" in this budget? And is it worth the upgrade?
27" 1080p is not recommended because of low ppi. For many people they might be fine with seeing pixels at times, so take your call. I use my 27" 1440p monitor almost 60cm away & its great for me, was using 24" 1080p earlier which was fine in terms of ppi at such distance.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
27" 1080p is not recommended because of low ppi. For many people they might be fine with seeing pixels at times, so take your call. I use my 27" 1440p monitor almost 60cm away & its great for me, was using 24" 1080p earlier which was fine in terms of ppi at such distance.
Is there any good 27" 1440p in this price range?
Else I'm planning on buying LG, its around 13K in Amazon right now.

You might get something for 18-19k during sale. But for under 15k, 24" 1080p is solid, costs under 13k these days for a good one.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
You might get something for 18-19k during sale. But for under 15k, 24" 1080p is solid, costs under 13k these days for a good one.
Would there be any good options other than LG for 1080 24"?
Maybe something thats a bit sleek?
How's the samsung Odyssey g3?
Also how reliable are LG monitors? Got one samsung that's 10 years old, still working without any issues.

Last edited:
Would there be any good options other than LG for 1080 24"?
Maybe something thats a bit sleek?
How's the samsung Odyssey g3?
Also how reliable are LG monitors? Got one samsung that's 10 years old, still working without any issues.
LG, Samsung, Acer, Asus & MSI are big names for monitors.

chetansha

In the zone
LG Ultragear IPS Gaming Monitor 60 cm (24 Inches), FHD 1920 x 1080, 1ms, 144Hz, AMD FreeSync Compatible, HDR 10, sRGB 99% (Typ.), DP, HDMI, Height, Tilt & Pivot Adjust Stand, 24GN65R (Black)

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

invisiblebond

Journeyman
@omega44-xt Can you please recommend a monitor in the range of 6000 to 8000? I have added the 24GN65R to my cart and need one more. Should it be 24 inches or smaller? Both monitors will be primarily used for working with Excel worksheets in an office environment

@omega44-xt Can you please recommend a monitor in the range of 6000 to 8000? I have added the 24GN65R to my cart and need one more. Should it be 24 inches or smaller? Both monitors will be primarily used for working with Excel worksheets in an office environment
Your call if you want 24" or smaller. IMO don't go below 22" as options start becoming much worse. You can get 22" 1080p IPS monitors for under 8k, options from LG, Samsung or Benq.

www.amazon.in/MSI-PRO-MP241X-Professional-Anti-Flicker/dp/B0BBRF9M4F
IMO just get this MSI 24" IPS monitor under 7.5k. Should be good enough. I am assuming you will use card discounts as well.

invisiblebond

Journeyman
I only got HDFC. I should have bought it yesterday:pan:. If there are any other 24-inch monitors below Rs 9000, what about the LG 24MP400? Here's the link: amazon.in/LG-Monitor-connectivity-Freesync-24MP400/dp/B0C695J73J

Will I get an Eye Care Monitor in this price range?

. I am assuming you will use card discounts as well.

I only got HDFC. I should have bought it yesterday:pan:. If there are any other 24-inch monitors below Rs 9000, what about the LG 24MP400? Here's the link: amazon.in/LG-Monitor-connectivity-Freesync-24MP400/dp/B0C695J73J

Will I get an Eye Care Monitor in this price range?
Should be fine

I tried only Samsung & Dell non-gaming monitors, former was better to me.

Top Bottom