Need Modem for Reliance Broadband

chris

In the zone
Hi,

I am using reliance broadband.

Currently using UStarcom UT-300R2 ADSL MODEM

*i.imgur.com/keLD00bl.jpg

I need it replaced with a modem with WiFi and Port forwarding features.

Unlike BSNL, reliance need me to login to *reliancebroadband.co.in/ (only work on reliance connection) to get internet.

Can anyone suggest a modem that work with reliance ?

Any tips on getting it working with reliance ?

Scorrel

Broken In
Can anyone suggest a modem that work with reliance ?

I too am using reliance broadband, i am currently using TP-Link TD-W8968 which works perfectly with the connection, Before that i was using Asus RT-N14U which also worked great. I think most of the modems will work fine, but i may be wrong.

Any tips on getting it working with reliance ?

You need to set your connection type to DHCP / Dynamic IP.
Also you need to set the VPI to 0 and VCI to 35 in ATM Config.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
Thank you Scorrel. So if you connecting multiple PC by WiFi or LAN, you need to login to reliance from any one PC and every other connected device get internet ?

I was planing to get a TP-Link modem, so i will get the one you suggested, looks good. If you don't mind, can you please post screenshot of the configuration page ?

Scorrel

Broken In
Thank you Scorrel. So if you connecting multiple PC by WiFi or LAN, you need to login to reliance from any one PC and every other connected device get internet ?
Yes, you only need to login only once.
I was planing to get a TP-Link modem, so i will get the one you suggested, looks good. If you don't mind, can you please post screenshot of the configuration page ?

QG3UDiG.png
If you want the backup file of my config let me know.

doom

Journeyman
I'd go for w8961nd. It's basically the same thing as w8968 but is cheaper and has no USB port.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
Yes, you only need to login only once.

If you want the backup file of my config let me know.

The attachment is not working. Look like digit forum issue, Can you upload to some image host ? If you could provide backup, that will be easy restore :)

Thanks everyone for suggesting w8968. I will go with it. If i can't get it locally, i will try flipkart.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get it from snapdeal(but choose the most rated/reputed seller among all options) as chances of getting the old v1 version is very low compared to flipkart.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i got w8961nd version 3 from snapdeal and i purchased in January. i dont remember the seller though!

Scorrel

Broken In
The attachment is not working. Look like digit forum issue, Can you upload to some image host ? If you could provide backup, that will be easy restore :)

Thanks everyone for suggesting w8968. I will go with it. If i can't get it locally, i will try flipkart.

Pmed you the Config file.