Need mobile below 10k(specially for GPRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
Hey guys. I m currently using nokia 6600 and am quite satisfied with it. The only problem i face is during connecting to internet via Airtel gprs.

First of all, n6600 has class 6 gprs and no EDGE.
Secondly, as there is no data cable available available for 6600, i connect to pc and internet via bluetooth, which might also b causing the slower connection speed.
I get download speed of 3-4 kBps and surfing speed is very very slow.

These r the reasons why i wanna buy a new cell(Preferably nokia). I generally use my cell only for surfin the net. The reason why i am not parting with my 6600 is dat i hav got used to the joystick so much dat i feel i am never gonna b able to work with other kinds of keypads. Also, 6600 has a good screen size which i think is ideal for surfing on the mobile(which i love to do).

After some amount of google searching, i found dat n5700, n75, n80, n93, n95 r some mobiles which hav class 32 gprs and class 32 EDGE. AFAIK, all of them r much above 10k.

What is the cost of n5700? Is there any other phone which has class 32 gprs and EDGE and is ATLEAST AROUND 10k? Basically i need the cheapest possible class 32 gprs and EDGE phone.

Also if there is any1 out here who uses n5700 and airtel MO, I wanna know wat download speed r u getting?

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
5700 should be an awesome choice for your needs. It is around 12-14k. Can you stretch your budget?

If not, go for Nokia 6070 or Nokia E50.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
infra_red_dude said:
don't buy n6070. thats crap! spend some bucks extra and get n5700. also wid out edge 3-4kBps is all that you get!
Hell no!!!!!!
I have used my friend's nokia 6270(class 10gprs and edge) and have got speeds of 10-15 kBps. That is what pushed me into makin a decision of buyin a new cell.

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
just tell your mom that for 1.8K more, you are getting a S60v3 FP1 phone with a crisp 16M color screen ( Although i dont suppose she would understand the importance of it :D).

You could also go for E50, as i said before.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
You are right. But, i think 6300 is series 40. And i want a series 60 phone.

By the way, the main reason why i started this thread is that i want to know if there is any 5700 user out here, who is using airtel gprs, so that i would know if he is really getting class 32 edge speed. Otherwise, i would go for any other class 10 edge phone.

Pathik

Google Bot
Get a e50 -9k
Get a 5700 -11.6k
btw i hav used the 5700 but not used gprs on it... so cant say..
anyways i dont think there ll be substantial increase in the gprs speeds esp on the sick gprs services in india..

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
@pathiks, do you stay in mumbai? Coz u seem to be pretty frustrated with airtel gprs speeds. Here in worli, mumbai, i get speeds of 10-15 kBps from my friend's nokia 6270.

By the way, is there any nokia phone, which has the usb charging feature which is there in nearly every sony ericsson mobile?

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Sound quality of loudspeaker hardly matters for me. And that i think will definitely not negate 5700's other features.

pushkaraj said:
By the way, is there any nokia phone, which has the usb charging feature which is there in nearly every sony ericsson mobile?
GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
pushkaraj said:
no, coz the fast port and the charger port are separate and the usb cable connects to the fast port only. but i guess in newer nokia phones the charger port is bit aside and small too. so i guess u may try to plug in the charger. never tried tho.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
@infra_red_dude, i have been using my 6600 for surfing on pc in just the way you suggested. But then it is always better to have usb charging coz sometimes i forget to keep my phone charging while using gprs on my pc and gprs saps the battery very quickly + i have to connect via bluetooth which also drains out the battery.

mandar5

Youngling
infra_red_dude said:
no, coz the fast port and the charger port are separate and the usb cable connects to the fast port only. but i guess in newer nokia phones the charger port is bit aside and small too. so i guess u may try to plug in the charger. never tried tho.
Yeah buddy u r right u can simultaneously charge n connect mobile to pc n charger atleast in n70me.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ people he is askin if he can charge the fone directly thru the usb port by just connecting it to his pc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom