Good cooling and power supply
Please suggest.

===================================
More over I need a basic Server config.
processor Xenon
16 GB RAM
1 TB HDD

to handle 50 client system

or should i get normal desktop to handle those system.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what exactly are you designing?special 3d effects for the sequel of Avatar movie!!

if your work really needs 32/64gb ram then this is not the place to ask for advice.you need professional help.

pratyush997

Inactive
Need a system with below config.

Processor i7
64GB RAM or 32 will be also fine.
2 TB HDD
Please suggest.

processor Xenon
16 GB RAM
1 TB HDD

Max.12 GB-16GB can Make ur PC Work like Mini SuperComputer

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Max.12 GB-16GB can Make ur PC Work like Mini SuperComputer
not correct.it all depends on usage & supercomputer is much much more than what you know about processors & ram.anyway as i said earlier if op's work really demands 32/64gb of ram then this is not the place to ask as the scenario is clearly a very professional one requiring professional help.

OP
rajwansh2003

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
According to the license we have to take, around 32 RDP sessions we be active at a time, any way thanks to all please suggest some price line for the 16 GB only ......

pratyush997

Inactive
not correct.it all depends on usage & supercomputer is much much more than what you know about processors & ram.anyway as i said earlier if op's work really demands 32/64gb of ram then this is not the place to ask as the scenario is clearly a very professional one requiring professional help.
LOLzzzzz I was kidding in the case of "Supercomputer"
but 64bg/32g is much more as per a normal PC is consult...!

Need a system with below config.

Processor i7
64GB RAM or 32 will be also fine.
2 TB HDD
Please suggest.

processor Xenon
16 GB RAM
1 TB HDD

sorry I didn't i DIDn't see
But can u please explain it more clearly of ur requirement

OP
rajwansh2003

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
My first need for Terminal Server Where user can Login and do the basic designing work.
I am Going for Normal desktop type server as desired Server cross around 5-8L( with Support and high End Graphic card) where as in i7 i can manage with 1-2L. More RAM(32 or 64) is required as so that 32 user can work smoothly even though they are just copying the data or Browsing the Web( please do not ask why).

Where as second will be my DC server. With Some Application like MS SQL along with it.
I check with DELL my budget come across 2L. Can anyone help which Tower Server should i prefer HP/IBM/DELL

whitestar_999: i better know where this can be asked. i posted for just a good suggestion that all.
from your above comment i came to know your level of Knowledge so please ignore this Post. (i am sorry if u feel bad for what i said).

I just need suggestion if any one have that all......

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@rajwansh2003,if you are referring to my knowledge of terminal server & client sub-systems then yes i currently don't know much about it except that simultaneous 32 RDP connections copying data(assuming designing related) & browsing will need good efficient read/write speeds & handling such heavy I/O workload require some serious hardware which most of the members here including myself have never encountered in real life on a daily basis.i am not a designer but from whatever i know 5-8Lakh terminal server sounds reasonable for a professional designing project with multiple users.as for suggestions i don't think anyone here has ever asked for advice on a 2lakh tower server although there are many who asked about 1.5-2lakh gaming rig so again not sure what are you expecting here.

OP
rajwansh2003

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
I requested for the 2 system confg. 2nd will be my DC and i know even core 2 Duo will be more that enough for 50 Users. Second system(i.e. Server) Will have no downtime as SQL work will also be going on too....

As far as 5-8Lakh is concerned i can Switch to Citrix XenServer but there are some dependency where user need to work with RDP only + money investment too.

See just i asked the config(which model will be the best) and price not to configure the system according to my work.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's what i was talking about.there is almost no body here who has bought a tower server.some may have tower servers in their offices/organizations but then there is very little chance that they are also familiar with procurement/servicing aspects.as you already know when buying a ~2lakh or even lesser tower server after sales support matters so only those who work in IT department of organizations/small offices can give best suggestions regarding such matters.as you already said that you know even c2d DC server can do the job so i don't think anyone here can give you better advice on that unless he has personally bought/setup such server.as for terminal server the most costly config i remember seeing here for 3d animation/designing was ~1lakh that too assembled so again i don't think you will get any better advice here.more appropriate would be to ask in microsoft windows server forums regarding DC server & autodesk/whatever software you are using forum for advice on terminal server.

P.S.also about pricing servers falls in business category & pricing varies depending on many factors unlike consumer/home IT products so on this account too you will be much better off directly contacting representatives of the companies regarding pricing & business customer most probably get better response.

pratyush997

Inactive
My first need for Terminal Server Where user can Login and do the basic designing work.
I am Going for Normal desktop type server as desired Server cross around 5-8L( with Support and high End Graphic card) where as in i7 i can manage with 1-2L. More RAM(32 or 64) is required as so that 32 user can work smoothly even though they are just copying the data or Browsing the Web( please do not ask why).

Where as second will be my DC server. With Some Application like MS SQL along with it.
I check with DELL my budget come across 2L. Can anyone help which Tower Server should i prefer HP/IBM/DELL
You can Connect many Monitors with Mouse+Keyboard to one PC(also Can Be called as Server) but it needs a Modem which will be connected to every user's monitor.These are Special Monitors which has Input Ports of keyboard,Mouse(Both with PS/2 And USB), RJ-54 Lan Port and Audio jacks,..There are Many Companies produce these products but i have an Idea of NComputing
HERE are some links You may Find helpful
tititec: how to configure a ncomputing system
NComputing X350 = classroom labs in a snap | ZDNet

Top Bottom