Moy

Gadget Freak/Flashaholic
My system has a peculiar problem...when the cpu temperature goes above 63 degree cent.(at even 95% load) the system shuts down with a BSD. I know my motherboard has an overheating protection but the threshold temp. is not 63deg c. What should I do? How to change the threshold temp. ? Should I buy a CPU cooler?

My system config---

CPU- AMD a8 3870k(overclocked it to 3.3ghz)
MOBO- ASUS F1A55M
PSU- Corsair VS450
RAM-Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB X 2
OS- Win8 pro 64bit

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
But how to change the threshold temperature?

You need to invest in a good CPU cooler to lower or maintain a good temperature. Go for good coolers like coolermaster hyper tx3 EVO ( check compatability with your MoBo socket type).

Naxal

Little Kid
By the way I dont think 63c is a warning temp for shutdown !!

Get in to BIOS of your motherboard, the option should be there to change the temp in which motherboard is suppose to force shutdown.

and indeed for Over Clocking need, one should have a CPU cooler.

point no 2,

its not always the temp which causes the BSOD, something inproper OC with wrong RAM settings or processor settings may also cause the system to offer BSOD in load.

doomgiver

Warframe
68C is no big deal. the comp should NOT shutdown at these temps.

check other stuff. do memtest, check hdd smart data, and if possible, get a cpu cooler (yeah, 68C in winters is no biggie, just get to summer, and you cpu will be hot enough to boil eggs)

OP
Moy

Moy

Gadget Freak/Flashaholic
I really should buy a cpu cooler...

By the way I dont think 63c is a warning temp for shutdown !!

Get in to BIOS of your motherboard, the option should be there to change the temp in which motherboard is suppose to force shutdown.

and indeed for Over Clocking need, one should have a CPU cooler.

point no 2,

its not always the temp which causes the BSOD, something inproper OC with wrong RAM settings or processor settings may also cause the system to offer BSOD in load.

I checked the threshold temp. Its 70deg C...

The overclock was done by a utility software(Turbo EVO) provided with asus mobo itself..and I have no problem till now except this temperature issue

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I really should buy a cpu cooler...

I checked the threshold temp. Its 70deg C...

The overclock was done by a utility software(Turbo EVO) provided with asus mobo itself..and I have no problem till now except this temperature issue

So have you bought a cooler? You should also consider CM hyper 212 EVO if your temp is getting really high.

Top Bottom