Need help with Cooling related queries

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
I think you should go with Positive Air Pressure setup -

*i45.tinypic.com/qxosxf.jpg

Corsair 400R come with front 120mm X 2 and rear 120mm X 1. So, you need to buy one 140mm for top rear exhaust and one 120mm for side intake.
For 120mm fan - Cooler Master XtraFlo
I can't find any 140mm fan on flipkart; do some search on other sites.:p

OP
sharang.d

sharang.d

Youngling
^Thanks for the neat and clean diagram(unlike mine :p).
I think I'll try both positive and negative and see which works better for me ^_^
Also can the LED light on the fan be turned off and on? I'll only go for a LED one if the light can be turned off. Really wouldn't like a fan whose LED cannot be turned off. Quite bothersome for me.

So for now the only question is which fans I should buy.
I got 3 contenders so far:
1) Noctua NF-P12
2) Cooler Master Excalibur
3) Cooler Master XtraFlo
Which do I choose?

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
1] I think I'll try both positive and negative and see which works better for me ^_^
2] Also can the LED light on the fan be turned off and on? I'll only go for a LED one if the light can be turned off.
3] So for now the only question is which fans I should buy.
I got 3 contenders so far:
1) Noctua NF-P12
2) Cooler Master Excalibur
3) Cooler Master XtraFlo
Which do I choose?

1] That's the best solution. :wink:
2] No. CM Xtraflo's LED can't be turn off.
3] If money is no issue and you don't want LED (?) then go for Noctua NF-P12. It has few advantages over other two - 6 yrs. warranty, low power consumption and almost quite.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't think you can control the leds except the front 2 fans. Btw if you want a 140mm fan you can checkout the CM essentials 140mm led fan.
For the fan suggestions, get fans which can be directly connected to the mobo.
For eg. get the xtraflo for side intake and excalibur for the top exhaust. Go for the excalibur if you want extreme performance and don't care for much noise

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - the distributor of Noctua products is theitwares - for warranty claims of noctua products you should contact there.

TheITwares Ecommerce

OP
sharang.d

sharang.d

Youngling
For now I've decided on
1) Noctua NF-P14 FLX (140mm) X 1 [Top Exhaust] - INR 1,268 on flipkart
2) Noctua NF-P12 (120mm) X 1 [Side Intake] - INR 1,118 on flipkart

Why does CM not have any decent non-LED fans? They've got good and cheap LED fans but I really don't want LED.

Any suggestions on cheaper 120mm and/or 140mm non-LED fans?

@ OP - the distributor of Noctua products is theitwares - for warranty claims of noctua products you should contact there.

TheITwares Ecommerce
Thanks for this. So if there's some problem it can be resolved in India right?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ there's lots of decent fans are available from CM ;-) but the issue is non availability :

Cooling -> Case Fan - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Thanks for this. So if there's some problem it can be resolved in India right?

of-course.

OP
sharang.d

sharang.d

Youngling
^^ there's lots of decent fans are available from CM ;-) but the issue is non availability :

Cooling -> Case Fan - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

The link you are pointing to is the worldwide version of CM. In the Indian version of the website there are not that many case fans :(

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Thats the problem, many nice fan companies are not available here :-(
You have made good choices of the fans. Regarding the problems with the fans, almost 90% of the thmes you won't face them :-D.
Best of luck for your purchase!

OP
sharang.d

sharang.d

Youngling
Thats the problem, many nice fan companies are not available here :-(
Yup

You have made good choices of the fans. Regarding the problems with the fans, almost 90% of the thmes you won't face them :-D.
Best of luck for your purchase!

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Anyway mods don't close this thread please. I might need help now/later.

OP
sharang.d

sharang.d

Youngling
For 120mm -
SilverStone FM121 @ 850
CM Blade Master 120mm @ 450
Deepcool UF120 @ 690

I don't own any of them; so plz check some reviews/expert opinion about them.

Thanks.
Didn't like the Silverstone.. Plugs directly into the PSU and comes with it's own Fan Controller(which I don't want)
Looking into the other two..

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Get the cm blade master for high airflow, and the uf120 for cool n quiet operation. The uf120 is a silent performance fan. So it will be okay for a side intake.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Indian version of coolermaster's website have nothing to do with the products availible in the market.