Need Help regarding LG G2 LS980

ij_singh

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I bought a LG G2 LS980 Sprint from ebay in July 14, It was unlocked to use GSM in India. For 2-3 months it worked awesomely. But a few days ago it got shutdown on its own. I booted it and since then it does not recognize any SIM and battery drain has become very huge(over 50% overnight). I tried flight mode but battery drain is still persistent.

Even tried to get it repaired from local mobile repair but they were unable to solve either of the problem. I myself tried almost everything i can with help of xda-forum but to no use. :-(:-(

Seeking for help here.

Thank you.

OP
I

ij_singh

try doing a system restore and/or flashing CM11 on it. report back if that works

Flashed the original firmware 3-4 times. Also tied installing custom Roms like hellfire, Cloudy and Mahidi Rom. Both problems are persisting each time. Now i am on ZV7(4.2.2) and it does not let me flash ZV8(4.4.2)

OP
I

ij_singh

Done. But still no network coverage(although it detects SIM. shows SIM toolkit and APN's are there) and battery is draining fast(about 8-10% in half an hour without any use)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
are you able to use the sim in other phones? if yes, then maybe your EFS partition has gone kaput.

OP
I

ij_singh

SIM is working fine in other phone. I dont think its corrupt EFS, because IMEI No. is shown in About section of settings.

By the way, is there any way to be sure of that EFS is corrupted?