Hello people I have a PC with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20 Ghz
2x 1 GB DDR2 Transcend RAM @ 800Mhz
Intel DG965RY Motherboard
One SATA 80GB Hard disk
One IDE 20GB Hard disk
Zebronics 450W PSU in the cabinet
Samsung Syncmaster 740NW Widescreen LCD Monitor
Now Im gonna get a Zebronics 8800GT Graphic card soon.My query is whether my current PSU is good enough to support all of these without any problems.Please help me out guys.Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
8800gt once you add this..it would be stretching the zebronics 450w i think..you need at least 600W to be on the safer side...and that also from good brand...

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
If this doesn't give any trouble to my current PSU it will be good.
Can you tell me of a good brand of PSU which won't break my budget? :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is your budget.
Get cooler master Extreme Power 600W psu for around Rs. 3100, 500W for 2600,

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
Ahh thanks a lot! Oops ya I forgot to mention: anything 2k to 3k would be good. Maybe I can get the Cooler Master Extreme. :D
One last query:Would my current PSU be OK with this or MAYBE to the breaking point like realdan said?

RexRazr

Broken In
if ur current PSU is a normal one (i think u wanted to say that it came with the cabinet didn't ya?) then it won't have 6 pin PCI-E power connector which is required for a card like 8800GT...go for the cooler master without a question

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
Thanks a lot guys! I got the Cooler Master Extreme 600w PSU and its great! Mods may close this thread if they wish. :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
good choice i have teh same psu and its the best performance to cost ratio psu available not to mention a hell of a good one that supports sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom