Need help on Heat dissipation on gpu

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys i have a gpu which get heated to 100 degree . Just wanted to know if i apply thermal paste can i get it down to 20 degree or so. As my other is working at 70 degree max at full load. This shoots up in 5-10 min.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thats really bad overheating. you may apply thermal paste or try running the fan at 75-80% speed. also if you apply new paste check not to remove any sticker. else warranty will be void.

dibya_kol

In the zone
Hi guys i have a gpu which get heated to 100 degree . Just wanted to know if i apply thermal paste can i get it down to 20 degree or so. As my other is working at 70 degree max at full load. This shoots up in 5-10 min.

That sounds wired !! My 5770 never touched mid 80's. Only game it reached 83c, that is crysis 2 with 4hrs for non stop gameplay.
I think u need to clear dusts from fan, if possible do what @sam told u. And also maintain good airflow in ur case.

the1337est

Hardcore Gamer
If your card is still in warranty, you can take it to authorized service center and inform them about serious overheating issues with your card. I guess they'll fix it.

Top Bottom