Need Help in Suggestions For Cordless Phone

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi all,
I recently lost my Gigaset A490 cordless phone and i am looking for a good replacement in < 3K range. As these will be primarily used by my parents i need something with good volume, speaker and optional backlit keys. I have an option to get Panasonic KX-TG3551 phone using my CC reward points but read some bad reviews on amazon especially on the sound. So waiting for your valuable suggestions.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I got the Panasonic model with battery backup in case of no electricity from Amazon. The quality and range were good but returned it because the backup lasted around 6-7 minutes and that too on idle mode.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I got the Panasonic model with battery backup in case of no electricity from Amazon. The quality and range were good but returned it because the backup lasted around 6-7 minutes and that too on idle mode.
Are you talking about the model i mentioned or some other panasonic model?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Any other model or brand you know which is good?
I will let you know the model number once I have access to a pc. Don't expect much from these ups cordless phones in terms of battery backup. Back then I wanted to buy a Philips one but it was very expensive. I can vouch for these two brands only.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Be careful with Motorola or any other brand which uses rj11 type input for power. It is a mess after some time. Contacts get loose and it is a nightmare to get it working.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Philips has cordless phones? I haven't seen any. What about gigaset?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Couldn't find Philips model from any reliable source. Can anyone suggest anything else?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom