Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

according to the minimum system requirements it won't run decently on any settings, somehow ppl here think otherwise. Try it yourself!

Third Eye

gooby pls

@mav3: Kenji ko toh maine bhi haraya hain.. woh bhi seconds main... best to way to beat him is to overtake it...i have noticed that if u restart the canyon level you get your car running at fast speed enough to overtake him... ;)

wanna know your fps..download fraps..with this you can take screenshots,know game fps and record your game movie.. know more about it here download from here

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

@Mav3 , you can see the fps using 'fraps' , start the program , start the game , the fps will be shown on the top. I have not used fraps since long time , but it think it shows avg/max/min fps from the time u play . The game is running well on ur system because , all the effects are missing , even the basic ones like specular (as i can figure out from the pics). If ur lowest fps is not hitting below 30fps then the game is smooth.Although most probably u will experience low fps when the race is starting as the level gets loaded. Just see while racing how much avg fps u get.
Pls post the thumbnails of the pics next time.

crazy_sumi

Broken In

From the HD trailers that I saw in Xbox marketplace.... the graphics are a tad better than those of MW, but then, thats just me.
The demo is already out at Fileplanet !!!! ( a huge file )

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

i got 20s wen the race began for most part of the race it was around 33-34 .... at times crossed 45 and even fell to 21 at times

avg i wud say was around 30 and i hv the old free version of fraps does any1 hv the new version full???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

guys i noticed that motion blur and road reflection is off and cannot be changed in my demo .... is it so for all or carbon is smart enough to realize tht those options wont wrk on my card

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Carbon is smarter as was Most Wanted.

If your Card doesnt have ,say Pixel shader 2 /3, then that option(Blur Effect, Overbright....) will be grayed out (you can see the option, but cannot select it).

But you can activate these settings from the Registry. (will only work if your card can take it).

Send me the whole Carbon registry (In Note Pad), (as i couldnt get the demo, i'm on limited BB),. :)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

for getting avg fps by fraps, press f11 after the race starts and f11 just before it ends, it shows the avg fps.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

First NFS Carbon Demo Addon @ nfsplanet.com, created by NFS Modder "arushan"

The Addon has 3 features:
Quote:
1. Allows you to select a few new cars (most of them being MAZDA SPEED 3s)

Some cars will be autoscultable, some won't. Some will have engine sounds, others won't. Some will have NOS/Speedbreaker, and some won't. Remember that these cars were never meant to be user playable

2. Allows you to skip all the movies / loading screens on startup.

3. Allows you to run the demo in a 'window'.

Also note that you must be running the EU version of the demo. I haven't tested this with the US version.

download the 0.04MB file here *www.nfsplanet.com/nfsc_demo_files.php?lang=eng

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

Here, I playd with the demo for some time and found out some tweaks to make the game run smoother without compromising on quality.....

* Extracted the Demo file in a folder and started the installation using AUTORUN.EXE rather than SETUP.EXE.

* Previously downgraded nVidia driver from 91.47 to 91.31... this I established to provide better performance in all games on my system.

* Loaded the profile for NFS:MW within the nvidia driver profile.

* After game installation, re-updated Directx 9c to Oct 2006 version.

* In the game settings, decreased the resolution to 800x600 keeping 4X AA turned on. All other settings were kept at High except for SHADER DETAILS which were kept at MEDIUM to ensure Shader Model 2.0 is used than Shader Model 3.0.

* The game played extremely smooth with an average of 31 FPS. :) :)

AND I BROKE MY OWN DRIFT RECORD: Now I scored 186K.... :)

*img135.imageshack.us/img135/9949/11pe7.th.jpg

hard_rock

Salieri Family

This game doesnt look like a successor of NFSMW.. the graphics is pathetic. Motion blur is such that only ROAD gets blurred out while environment doesnt gets much blurred out.. I feel NFSMW was gr8 in Graphics compared to this one. Also lighting on car is not good...car appears always Shining..I donno why does it shine when there is no powerful light falling on it. Have to see full version of the game.
Check one of the screenshots by ROCKTHEGOD...
*img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=startby1.jpg

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

EA has put toooooooo much of Reflections into the car. the cars look more cartoonish. in MW the cars looked more real, but in carbon , sheeesh :x

there's NO Doubt, EA is the King in making a good game into a CRAP. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

arre achi game hai yaar .... yeh to sirf demo hai ..... let the game be released ul luv it

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

I am LOVING THIS GAME .. TERRIFIC GAME... I'll buy this as soon as it releases !!!! ITS FIXED AND PLANNED !!! :) :)

Drifting has become my area of expertise... Now, my drift score is not falling below 200,000 ...... :) :)

Check my Best Scores..... (Can't help to post my scores... feeling myself like a kid while drifting away wildly .... Whoa, whosoever loves drift will definitely love this game... EA ROKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D )

Nebdy to take me over ........................ ????? :D

*img106.imageshack.us/img106/5792/243khv2.th.jpg

*img180.imageshack.us/img180/1993/246kkj2.th.jpg

*img109.imageshack.us/img109/2310/292klb0.th.jpg

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

try the drift using lambo i got a x10 with it ...

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

Nopes, I got Max 9x and that yielded 150,456 alone.... but drifting with Lambo is more difficult than with Lancer ... I was limited to only 200,000. Drifting with Muscles are more difficult. :)

Newayz, I broke the 300,000 barrier and now my score at each drift doesn't fall below 280,000 . :D :D :)

No Challenges Yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Chk This Out: MAX: 316,285

*img74.imageshack.us/img74/7803/rok313mr8.th.jpg

*img58.imageshack.us/img58/5936/rok316jl4.th.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Carbon will have Daytime Racing
an excerpt from an interview with NFS-C Producer Steve Anthony "Certainly daytime racing between crews does take place...."

more here *www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng#3645

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom