Need Bike Advice

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Don't go for loan if you have to compromise with your standard of living.

If you are in urgent need then get one which has good resale value. Save up and get into higher progression for the one you dream to buy. But then again consider that if you are buying it for daily commute then it's better to invest in a good efficiency bike first and another one to satisfy your adrenaline craving.

If you don't have a safe parking area then do not invest in high value item. Chances of vandalism is higher.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
R15 is a great built bike, but as far I have read it's a track focused bike with a very aggressive riding position which makes it a poor bike when you are planning to do long tours and even in the traffic it will put lots of pressure on your wrist and back.

So basically, except for riding posture R15 has everything to impress me the looks, built, power and mileage. Don't you think it missed out on the most important thing?

The RC/Duke 390 uses Metzeler tires, which costs 21k a pair which needs to be changed after every 20kms or so... can do beyond if one rides a 390CC bike like a 100CC :p Also the Synthetic Engine oil costs 2x the normal engine oil. The mileage of a 390CC bike is also something which I can't afford even after one year :p But now that you will be using your Splendor for city riding you can consider getting the RC/Duke 390.

Now comes CBR which is good for the city as well as the highways. And I think you can't go wrong with a Honda.

RS200 is also a good bike which has optional ABS but that design is too much.

When it comes to riding comfort the best bike is RE (read Uncle's bike :p ), next comes CBR250 and the Karizma..

One thing I wont suggest is buying a 250CC+ bike for mostly city ride because that makes no sense to me and all other with limited money in their bank account.

Aggressive riding position is the thing with R15. nothing else.

RC looks nice I feel its suspension is kinda soft. If not at least the pillion seat is soft to say the least. Girls dont like the seat of r15. Heck I dont like it.

Karizma? what the f is that? that is the ugliest piece of sh it on the road.

Don't go for loan if you have to compromise with your standard of living.

If you are in urgent need then get one which has good resale value. Save up and get into higher progression for the one you dream to buy. But then again consider that if you are buying it for daily commute then it's better to invest in a good efficiency bike first and another one to satisfy your adrenaline craving.

If you don't have a safe parking area then do not invest in high value item. Chances of vandalism is higher.

I dont have to change my standard of living. I just wont have much to save after paying the loan/emis every month.

But again I dont think my salary is going to go down. its only gonna rise. (fingers crossed :p)

There is no urgency.
Every time my friends call me for a ride on a sunday or saturday I have to decline. They all have at least a 150 or a car.
I am always the last one cause my bike does not have have the grunt.

my parking spot is good. its a rented house with the owner living downstairs and the bikes are all parked in with no kids to touch the BIKE and the gate is locked at night and closed all the time in the day :)

For now I am thinking of dropping the idea of getting the 3yr old r15. What do you guys think?

.jRay.

Youngling
Aggressive riding position is the thing with R15. nothing else.

RC looks nice I feel its suspension is kinda soft. If not at least the pillion seat is soft to say the least. Girls dont like the seat of r15. Heck I dont like it.

Karizma? what the f is that? that is the ugliest piece of sh it on the road.

I dont have to change my standard of living. I just wont have much to save after paying the loan/emis every month.

But again I dont think my salary is going to go down. its only gonna rise. (fingers crossed )

There is no urgency.
Every time my friends call me for a ride on a sunday or saturday I have to decline. They all have at least a 150 or a car.
I am always the last one cause my bike does not have have the grunt.

my parking spot is good. its a rented house with the owner living downstairs and the bikes are all parked in with no kids to touch the BIKE and the gate is locked at night and closed all the time in the day :)

For now I am thinking of dropping the idea of getting the 3yr old r15. What do you guys think?

Dude. RC has a stiff suspension, stiffest among the lot. Thats what helps it be the best in corners, but on the road even the slightest imperfection is felt. But still i say that could be something you'll get used to. Pillion seat is nice and the motor packs a lot of punch. I say you get a get that. I did and she will arrive soon. Its like I'm in love with her.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Other Than Karizma (if considered by op as it not listed in the first post) only CBR xxx offer anything close which can used as Pillion Seat.

Duke offer = Nil

R15 v2 offer = 1st Floor.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Dude. RC has a stiff suspension, stiffest among the lot. Thats what helps it be the best in corners, but on the road even the slightest imperfection is felt. But still i say that could be something you'll get used to. Pillion seat is nice and the motor packs a lot of punch. I say you get a get that. I did and she will arrive soon. Its like I'm in love with her.

looks like I have to take a test drive with one of my lady friends to see what is good and what is not.
Other Than Karizma (if considered by op as it not listed in the first post) only CBR xxx offer anything close which can used as Pillion Seat.

Duke offer = Nil

R15 v2 offer = 1st Floor.

I know r15, its high and not good for small people and most of my friends are small :p
the seat at the back is like a cycles seat, hard and stiff

.jRay.

Youngling
looks like I have to take a test drive with one of my lady friends to see what is good and what is not.

I know r15, its high and not good for small people and most of my friends are small :p
the seat at the back is like a cycles seat, hard and stiff

If you do get one then awesome, i didn't get a test ride for the RC, they said they don't give out test rides for RC because of the fairing, had to make do with a ride on Duke instead.

$hadow

Geek in making
My brother will be picking up the YZF-R3 and is still eagerly waiting to test drive one. He was looking for a bike last year and was about to buy Ninja with loan but I insisted in not taking loan and try to save a bit more and it resulted in him having a good amount of saving and now he will be buying this on for about 3.7lakh.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
One of my acquaintances got the new Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Special edition recently. Have you considered that?

Last edited:

.jRay.

Youngling
My brother will be picking up the YZF-R3 and is still eagerly waiting to test drive one. He was looking for a bike last year and was about to buy Ninja with loan but I insisted in not taking loan and try to save a bit more and it resulted in him having a good amount of saving and now he will be buying this on for about 3.7lakh.

Thats awesome'. Ive heard its a pretty good bike.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Nice, When is he getting it? Has he booked it already. I heard they are taking booking for 10k.
One of my acquaintances got the new Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Special edition recently. Have you considered that?
Gixxer SF is not a sports bike, its more like an improvised one.
its got a regular handle bar and no disc brake at the back
And no fuel injection.
Its slower than R15.

Sure, its cheap but its not really the bike I want to invest in.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector

Help me regarding teflon coating
You can get that done at almost any service center in south India.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Go with KTM RC 125 as it has mileage & style as well.

:facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

KTM Duke/RC and Yamaha R15/R3 will be back breaking in bangalore traffic. also, not to mention that the engine fan WILL start within sometime in traffic jams.

but get them to an open road with good tarmac, and feel the world whiz by. ;)

Honda CBR is sports tourer and Yamaha R is Racing and hence top speeds are more but the CBR is more comfortable than the R series.

R15/3 has no ABS. CBR has ABS versions.

Also, while you are in the market, it will worthwhile to check out and test ride the RS200. it ahs ABS too.

- - - Updated - - -

Help me regarding teflon coating

waste of money on two wheelers.

use wax. better and maintains the paint.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] i will always recommend buying a new bike. there are always one issue or the other with 2nd hand bikes. unless you get it at dirt cheap rate, which certainly is @85k for a 3 yr old r15, it not worthy.

if you can buy the R3, nothing like it.

PS: sionce we are talking about bikes here, its only just that i mention the importance of a good quality helmet. for starters, if you can buy 2L bike, you can surely buy a 3k helmet. there are simply no comparisions between the well known helmet brands [LS2, SOL, MT, Kyt, Airoh etc] and the desi ones [Studds, Vega etc]

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
:facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

KTM Duke/RC and Yamaha R15/R3 will be back breaking in bangalore traffic. also, not to mention that the engine fan WILL start within sometime in traffic jams.

but get them to an open road with good tarmac, and feel the world whiz by. ;)

Honda CBR is sports tourer and Yamaha R is Racing and hence top speeds are more but the CBR is more comfortable than the R series.

R15/3 has no ABS. CBR has ABS versions.

Also, while you are in the market, it will worthwhile to check out and test ride the RS200. it ahs ABS too.

- - - Updated - - -

waste of money on two wheelers.

use wax. better and maintains the paint.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] i will always recommend buying a new bike. there are always one issue or the other with 2nd hand bikes. unless you get it at dirt cheap rate, which certainly is @85k for a 3 yr old r15, it not worthy.

if you can buy the R3, nothing like it.

PS: sionce we are talking about bikes here, its only just that i mention the importance of a good quality helmet. for starters, if you can buy 2L bike, you can surely buy a 3k helmet. there are simply no comparisions between the well known helmet brands [LS2, SOL, MT, Kyt, Airoh etc] and the desi ones [Studds, Vega etc]

Thanks mate.
r3 and CBR are at part with comfort.
R3 does not have an aggressive riding position and so its more upright and the rear suspension is adjustable. Which is a great plus point.

If not R3 then CBR for sure but I don't really care about ABS as I wont go so fast :p

for bangalore traffic I have splendor :) and it still is difficult as hell to drive. your fingers get sore by riding the clutch.

Just waiting for showrooms to get the bike so that I can test ride it.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
R3 and CBR at par in comfort? you sure?

coz R3 is more racing oriented and CBR is touring oriented.

and in touring oriented bikes the comfort is invariably better and more than racing oriented bikes. although, yes the R3 ought to be more comfortable than the R15.

But then, this is just my thoughts, coz i have not ridden the R3 yet.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
R3 and CBR at par in comfort? you sure?

coz R3 is more racing oriented and CBR is touring oriented.

and in touring oriented bikes the comfort is invariably better and more than racing oriented bikes. although, yes the R3 ought to be more comfortable than the R15.

But then, this is just my thoughts, coz i have not ridden the R3 yet.

I saw a lot of video reviews on Youtube of R3 and everyone is saying that this will be good for daily commute.
I am yet to see someone compare it with CBR.
Although, I am liking the new color of the CBR250
*i0.wp.com/www.autosarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Honda-RevFest-2015-3.jpg?resize=440%2C326

$hadow

Geek in making
Umm sorry for the late reply guys.
He paid 20k adv for res. [MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]

Top Bottom