g500-3500
apc 1.1KVa-4800
haf 912 side panel-4600
EDIFIER SPEAKER M1386-2400

total-114600

you can change the gpu to asus matrix 7970 34k will make the budget 102600

d3p

PowerHouse
Well i've gone through the complete thread, which includes 4 pages, few off topic, lot more of debates related to "the best monitor, the best SSD & the best Graphics Card".

TBH, For a 100k GAMING Rig, you should be focused on getting a Good GPU - CPU - Motherboard, PSU & Cabinet. Not necessary to be Overclocked instead of enjoying the Games at highest playable frame rates. You must get the good gaming peripherals, with which you play instead of managing with TYPEWRITERS & TRACKBALL. I believe owning a gaming rig in india, you got to pour a lot of Thousands for getting each & every thing right in your way.

Few Suggestion from my side for a 100k Gaming Rig.

Processor : Intel i5 3570k - 14k
Motherboard : Asus Asus P8Z77 V Pro - 16k
RAM : Gskill Ripjaws X 8GB (4GB x 2) 1600 MHz CL9 - 3.2k
HDD : WD Black 2TB 7.2K RPM 64MB Cache - 8.5k
GPU : Sapphire HD 7970 Dual Fan Active OC - 27k, MSI R7970 Lightning - 30k & Asus Matrix HD 7970 - 34k
PSU : Corsair TX 850 v2 - 7k or Corsair AX 850 Fully Modular Gold - 10k
Cabinet : CM HAF X - 9k, CM Trooper - 10k

Monitor : Dell Ultrasharp 2312HM LED - 15k [sells even lesser at Dell Exclusive Store at Domlur]

Rest as you are comfortable with the peripherals. Prices are indicative & doesn't include vat or any kind of tax.

When it comes to upgrading the PC, you will surely need good amount of space inside you cabinet. Let it be another GPU for CF or SLI or Sound Card, TV tuners & internal wifi's. For all these you need good amount of PCIe or PCI slots on your Motherboard & Surely a uATX motherboard won't help with either one of them.

Secondly, when we speak about CF or SLI, you do also need a Good Beefy PSU, no matter how Power efficient the Multi GPU's are in Papers, in real world its always a different story. Same goes with the UPS. Here an APC 1.1KVA will do good with Single Card Config, but not sufficient in case of CF or SLI.

Thirdly, OC-ing - After Market cooler - Cabinet & Air Flow Management. All these things are quite inter related to some extent. OC-ing on a bench & OC-ing inside the Cabinet takes hell lot of bells to beat few scores. Things got to be right from TIM [Thermal Insulating Material] to the direction of air flow inside your cabinet.

Lastly, you won't change your Cabinet everytime you upgrade your Config. Same goes with PSU. A PSU does last long & certainly a least bothering case when Upgrading comes in to play.

Most of the components are available at S.P Road. Check with Ankit Infotech or Golcha IT.

All the best.

gameranand

Living to Play
Secondly, when we speak about CF or SLI, you do also need a Good Beefy PSU, no matter how Power efficient the Multi GPU's are in Papers, in real world its always a different story. Same goes with the UPS. Here an APC 1.1KVA will do good with Single Card Config, but not sufficient in case of CF or SLI..

Actually I am using it with my CF setup, works fine. :)

d3p

PowerHouse
Actually I am using it with my CF setup, works fine. :)

Yeah it will surely work fine as long as its not loaded more than 660w or 1100va.

refer this thread for more info : How much load can the APC 1.1KVA UPS take?

Moreover HD 7870 CF doesn't require a beefy PSU. A good 650w is more than sufficient. Whereas in OP's case HD 7970 CF will surely require 750w at minimum & 850w to be at safe side.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah it will surely work fine as long as its not loaded more than 660w or 1100va.

refer this thread for more info : How much load can the APC 1.1KVA UPS take?

Moreover HD 7870 CF doesn't require a beefy PSU. A good 650w is more than sufficient. Whereas in OP's case HD 7970 CF will surely require 750w at minimum & 850w to be at safe side.

He ain't going for a CF setup. He is buying a single card only. :)

OP
Vintech009

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
^ there have already been 4 pages in this thread and the same thing is going on in every page. So if OP goes out and buys a pc, then post it in the 'post your latest purchases' thread, and them post a link to his post over here (too many posts... ) then everyone will just stop and this thread will stop from growing.

^ there have already been 4 pages in this thread and the same thing is going on in every page. So if OP goes out and buys a pc, then post it in the 'post your latest purchases' thread, and them post a link to his post over here (too many posts... ) then everyone will just stop and this thread will stop from growing.

i will be buying the pc on 20th feb.

He he, it happens only when posting from mobile (UC Browser), I post, it just reloades, it post again, and I have double posts :twisted: I'm too lazy to edit it.

It happens with me too when using android browser and with opera mini.... :p

fx8350 11400
CROSSHAIR V- 15500
gskills ripjaw-3300
2*7950 vapour x-43000
hyper evo-2100
tb wd black-5900
tx850-8000
asus rw-1000
dell s2240l-8700
generic keyboard-400
g500-3500
apc 1.1KVa-4800
haf 912 side panel-4600
EDIFIER SPEAKER M1386-2400

total-114600

you can change the gpu to asus matrix 7970 34k will make the budget 102600

I will not be going with cf setup but thanks for suggesting.....

Well i've gone through the complete thread, which includes 4 pages, few off topic, lot more of debates related to "the best monitor, the best SSD & the best Graphics Card".

TBH, For a 100k GAMING Rig, you should be focused on getting a Good GPU - CPU - Motherboard, PSU & Cabinet. Not necessary to be Overclocked instead of enjoying the Games at highest playable frame rates. You must get the good gaming peripherals, with which you play instead of managing with TYPEWRITERS & TRACKBALL. I believe owning a gaming rig in india, you got to pour a lot of Thousands for getting each & every thing right in your way.

Few Suggestion from my side for a 100k Gaming Rig.

Processor : Intel i5 3570k - 14k
Motherboard : Asus Asus P8Z77 V Pro - 16k
RAM : Gskill Ripjaws X 8GB (4GB x 2) 1600 MHz CL9 - 3.2k
HDD : WD Black 2TB 7.2K RPM 64MB Cache - 8.5k
GPU : Sapphire HD 7970 Dual Fan Active OC - 27k, MSI R7970 Lightning - 30k & Asus Matrix HD 7970 - 34k
PSU : Corsair TX 850 v2 - 7k or Corsair AX 850 Fully Modular Gold - 10k
Cabinet : CM HAF X - 9k, CM Trooper - 10k

Monitor : Dell Ultrasharp 2312HM LED - 15k [sells even lesser at Dell Exclusive Store at Domlur]

Rest as you are comfortable with the peripherals. Prices are indicative & doesn't include vat or any kind of tax.

When it comes to upgrading the PC, you will surely need good amount of space inside you cabinet. Let it be another GPU for CF or SLI or Sound Card, TV tuners & internal wifi's. For all these you need good amount of PCIe or PCI slots on your Motherboard & Surely a uATX motherboard won't help with either one of them.

Secondly, when we speak about CF or SLI, you do also need a Good Beefy PSU, no matter how Power efficient the Multi GPU's are in Papers, in real world its always a different story. Same goes with the UPS. Here an APC 1.1KVA will do good with Single Card Config, but not sufficient in case of CF or SLI.

Thirdly, OC-ing - After Market cooler - Cabinet & Air Flow Management. All these things are quite inter related to some extent. OC-ing on a bench & OC-ing inside the Cabinet takes hell lot of bells to beat few scores. Things got to be right from TIM [Thermal Insulating Material] to the direction of air flow inside your cabinet.

Lastly, you won't change your Cabinet everytime you upgrade your Config. Same goes with PSU. A PSU does last long & certainly a least bothering case when Upgrading comes in to play.

Most of the components are available at S.P Road. Check with Ankit Infotech or Golcha IT.

All the best.

Thank you d3p...
Ill will surely check that monitor and those cabby's too....
Ill check those shops too....

skydrift94

Stay Intercepted!!
you have the perfect advice for this guy in this post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...gest-me-pc-gaming-1080-p-content-editing.html

firstly, you have my accolades for your helping mindset, but, you should brushup your knowledge base + price base first before posting..

you seem to be in a false fixation that high priced components are must for a 100K budget PC.. you see, bro, here on TDF, we not only try to educate each other about the ever changing tech through a constant cycle o constructive argument and criticism, but also try to save each other's a$$es from being over charged in the market.

btw, why a 6990? why not a 7970CF?? can you explain the architectural differences?

and a LGA2011 CPU with a low end cooler?? where do get these misconceptions??

?? :facepalm:

what is ultimate system??

grow up kid. read up some tech knowledge and then advice.

As gameranand suggested go with his suggested hardware or go with cilus's AMD specs

OH When you reviewed all this latest hardware bro
1500W or IS REQUIRED FOR 3X SLI OR 3x CROSSFIRE X
(IN INDIAN MARKET. ONLY ANTEC AND CM CAN GIVE TO TWIN RAILS FOR SLI OR CROSSFIRE)
I DONT KNOW WHAT GAMER ARE YOU EXACTLY.Ok run your ultimate system with your 600w PSU
or stick with 400W

LOW END COOLER LESS THEN 4000RS

ANSWER ABOUT your question HD6990 VS HD7970?

Architectural difference(simplified):The Radeon HD 6990 features clock speeds of 830 MHz on the GPU, and 1250 MHz on the 2048 MB of GDDR5 memory. It features 1536 SPUs as well as 96 TAUs and 32 ROPs.
Compare all of that to the Radeon HD 7970, which makes use of a 28 nm design. ATi has clocked the core speed at 925 MHz. The GDDR5 RAM works at a frequency of 1375 MHz on this model. It features 2048 SPUs as well as 128 TAUs and 32 Rasterization Operator Units.(Understood ?)

HD 6990 or HD7970? Which one to choose?
Choose one - hd 7970 or hd 6990
*www.hwcompare.com/11287/radeon-hd-6990-vs-radeon-hd-7970

:doublethumb:

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
3XSLI in a 100K config? even gameranad in TDF could only manage a CF in 135K budget?? :shock:

Again even if it was possible, I think OP has big reason to worry about his monthly electricity bill.

7970CF and HD6990, why would they be needed in a 100K config? at 1080P gaming a single GPU (7970 or GTX680) will do more than fine with single monitor setup, also 100K barely will manage multi monitor setup.

"Architectural difference(simplified):The Radeon HD 6990 features clock speeds of 830 MHz on the GPU, and 1250 MHz on the 2048 MB of GDDR5 memory. It features 1536 SPUs as well as 96 TAUs and 32 ROPs.

Compare all of that to the Radeon HD 7970, which makes use of a 28 nm design. ATi has clocked the core speed at 925 MHz. The GDDR5 RAM works at a frequency of 1375 MHz on this model. It features 2048 SPUs as well as 128 TAU s and 32 Rasterization Operator Units.(Understood ?)"

Actually the above goes against your previous argument, also 6990 is a dual GPU card, while you should compare it with dual 7970's :)

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ read this for more clarity

[Solved] 6990 vs 7970 - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays

and this...

*www.tomshardware.com/forum/372877-33-hd7950-crossfire-hd6990

Last edited:

skydrift94

Stay Intercepted!!
3XSli cannot be managed in 100K config.
I am talking about 1 component. That is PSU iam not talking about whole 100K total rig!!For now
Its 1500W Psu's default feature that come with supporting to 3xSLIs!!
Anand managed it!! Its very good but if he overclocks to max he needs more power
single GpUs are ok for 1080i monitor!! \

----SOLVED---
Enough replied

Vintec007 close this thread and post your final config..

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
3XSli cannot be managed in 100K config.
I am talking about 1 component. That is PSU iam not talking about whole 100K total rig!!For now
Its 1500W Psu's default feature that come with supporting to 3xSLIs!!
Anand managed it!! Its very good but if he overclocks to max he needs more power
single GpUs are ok for 1080i monitor!! \

----SOLVED---
Enough replied

Vintec007 close this thread and post your final config..

Well I did a good research and did a lot of reading when I was about to buy my PC so let me share them.
1. In 100K you can't get a CF setup unless you are ready to sacrifice on other products like KB, Mice, HP etc. I am strongly against it and I gave the reason in my previous posts.
2. A CF setup at load consumes around 550W - 600W as per now and mine is 850W so be rest assured that even if I overclock I won't be needing any more power than what I already have. I know this very well and there is a reason why I bought it isn't there.
3. 3x SLI or CF setup is not for normal people, its more suited if you going in for 3D setup or Multi-Screen setup or both else its just waste of your money as you won't be able to see the performance you are getting. I mean above 50 FPS you can't tell whats 80 and whats 100 because that requires expert eyes and freakin systems.
4. Again 1080i is a crap, why the hell would I take that if I get a 1080p monitor.

Again I am suggesting do a little bit of research before posting because someone is spending 100K of his hard earned money and don't confuse him with irrelevant and stupid post. If someone really want to experiment why not buy yourself a system now with a 6990 CF setup.
HD6xxx series is past, if it was so good then why the hell on earch would AMD make HD7xxx series. 7xxx series gives much better performance than the previous gen GPUs.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Locking the thread. If OP needs to get this reopened, send a PM to the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom