Need an iPhone (Pune)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hi ,

one of my friend needs a iphone , if anyone in Pune can help me with it. we are new in pune and have no idea where to get one from. What is the estimated price (afaik its around 22-24k for some model) . If any one has got it what are the pro's and con's .

I suggested him some another phone in that budget, but he is determined to get a iPhone :D . If it makes him happy than nothing better than that :p .

Suggestions pls.. no flames :D

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Well you can get one in Mariegold complex(adlabs) Kalyani Nagar, there is one phone shop ground floor dont remember the exact name, he doesnt have iphones on display but you should go n ask him about it, he will get one for you. Last time i checked he told me around 20k or something for getting one.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Pros- Great design, awesome display, fantastic UI, excellent audio/video playback, has one of the best browser on a mobile device, did I say how awesome the UI is??

Cons- Bluetooth can only be used for wireless headset (just the mono ones for calls, not the stereo ones) and not for anything else, camera does not record video, no MMS, needs iTunes for syncing with pc, 3.5mm audio jack on phone only accepts Apple headphones (which suck and it requires separate adaptor for other headphones), not officially available hence no way to repair if it goes kaput (you can use it as a paper weight though), expensive.

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
yea...plz convince ur friend to think 2wice or even hundred times bfore makin a descision.....

ajayritik

Technomancer
Man just couple of weeks back even I was planning to buy one but have now decided against it after checking with friends in the forum! Suggest your friend not to go for iPhone at this point of time atleast!

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Pros- Great design, awesome display, fantastic UI, excellent audio/video playback, has one of the best browser on a mobile device, did I say how awesome the UI is??

Cons- Bluetooth can only be used for wireless headset (just the mono ones for calls, not the stereo ones) and not for anything else, camera does not record video, no MMS, needs iTunes for syncing with pc, 3.5mm audio jack on phone only accepts Apple headphones (which suck and it requires separate adaptor for other headphones), not officially available hence no way to repair if it goes kaput (you can use it as a paper weight though), expensive.

I know iphone is not worth , but some ppl just cant think beyond the looks , and multitouch for him is a big novelty :D . its his money , when we all ppl will be sharing stuff over blutooth , he will be playing with his on screen keyboard (but he will be happy, and thats good enough) .

I will make him read thru cons listed here, then its upto him.

Thx everyone for all the help.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yeah I forgot to mention iPhone also lacks FM radio. So no Radio Mirchi for your friend.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
dont tell him not to buy it just give him a hint that it is a useless phone. if you tell him not to buy it he will think you are jealous. its his money if he choses to be looted let him be looted

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ppl dont start flames here :D , for those who think its THE phone deserve it .

btw mods can lock this thread , purpose solved, no iphone for him .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom