kaudey

Journeyman
Hi all

My requirements:

1. Budget: 15k max
2. Display type and size: touchscreen, optimal size
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip: No slider
4. Preferred choice of brand: No Micromax and chinese
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type): Touch, QWERTY is desirable
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera: Nothing specific
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc): Gingerbread
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly: All
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc): Nothing specific
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc):Mail, Multimedia, Office apps, Internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration: No
12. Any other info that you want to share

Thanks in advance

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Samsung Galaxy Ace has a leaked Gingerbread update available. Not yet available officially. But you can flash it.

Other than that, you will have to increase your budget to 19k and buy Google Nexus S @19k (after discount) from Letsbuy. That is the only Gingerbread phone right now. And you will be assured of all latest updates... the most cutting edge phone ever. Go for it...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Motorola Defy is also avl for 15k. why not go for it. it comes with Froyo. if you want gingerbread, flash a custom rom.

guru_urug

iGoogle
I would say go for defy! no doubt its better than wildfire S and Ace

But OP pls post whether u are open to rooting and installing custom roms.

If u are not then go for htc wildfire S. It comes with gingerbread out of the box.

All the above phones have their own custom gingerbread roms. Infact most ppl prefer the custom roms :p Reason is that they are (usually) optimized for performance and battery life. Also they have no crapware/bloatware. If u are even fairly interested in rooting and using custom roms then go for the defy. There is a substantial performance step up

wildfire S<Ace*<Defy

*pathetic battery life though(custom rom wud be reqd) so might as well go for defy :p

Ur choice buddy. :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Just found an awesome deal for phones on buytheprice.com

See HTC Wildfire S available for 12.5k

*i.imgur.com/1ZBsm.jpg

ujjwal321

Journeyman
please don't go for wildfire S... it offers nothing more than a better display over the original wildfire... better go for defy.. you'll get a faster processor, better GPU, bigger better screen...very strong and durable phone, 720p video recording in the next gingerbread upgrade.. I don't understand why people are suggesting wildfire S.. it is a good phone but the price does not justify the features ..

guru_urug

iGoogle
Thats a very good find @AndroidFan :)

But still go for wildfire S only if u dont want to root/install custom rom

Optimus one is available for 9k online. And wildfire S is just a glorified O1 :p
Differences in favor of wildfire S: Gorilla glass, better cam,HTC sense UI, HTC brand name,slightly better touch.

U will be paying 3.5k for all of tht,most are cosmetic features.

If I were U Id go for defy!! Its in another league altogether. It is a mid-higher segment mobile. Its become very good value at this price.

Top Bottom