Need Advice Regarding Building PC within Budget of Rs 40K exclluding monitor

prakhar18

Broken In
Q: What is your budget?
40K-45K excluding the Monitor. Separate Budget For Monitor atleast 20 Inches- Rs 10-12K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

I do not own any Desktop . I own a Laptop-HP DV5 1126ee

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Need suggestion regarding every component need to run a PC .

Processor
Motherboard
Memory/RAM
Storage- 500 GB sufficient. Since i have 2TB external Hard Drive
Power Supply
Cabinet
Graphic Cards
Coolers
Wireless Keyboard
Wireless Mouse

It will be my first Desktop PC.

If you guys are suggesting Intel , then i want Sandy bridge/ 2nd gen processors. i5 or i7 .

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component?

Yes, will upgrade the system if need be in next 2-3 Years
It should be future proof.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City)
New Delhi- Nehru Place- SMC International or Computer Empire or Cost to cost,. or another recommended by you guys. Would like to buy all the components from one shop.

Open to online purchase, preferably Indian Website.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies
Office Use

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Just want to go for the best.
Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
COD 4 ,FIFA,CRYSIS, NFS at medium to high settings

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728 ,1600x900, 1920x1080
Desktop - 1920x1080, 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Not Necessarily.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 32/64 bit

(Additional) priority list:

1. Future proof (2-3 yrs)
2. The CPU must be able to have slot for 2 monitors. I will attach two monitors to this desktop.
3. Good screen
4. Need atleast 8 USB ports- Need to connect a printer, scanner,keyboard,mouse + Need atleast 3 free USB slots for other devices
5. Need a Wifi- Card for the recommended Desktop- Can buy separate Wifi Cards for the same. As majority of the time i will be connected to Internet via wifi
6. Must be upgradable

Looking forward to your suggestions, thanks.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
This is the first rig I am suggesting, so maybe there are better options available :)

i5 - 2400 - 9.5k
Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H - 9k
G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - 4k
Sapphire HD 6870 - 13k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 SATA - 1.5k
FSP Saga II 500W - 2.5k
Wireless Combo MK260 - 1.5k
CM Elite 430 - 2.4k
Benq G2220HD - 7.6k
Creative SBS A120 - 1k

TOTAL - 51k.

You wanted a 20" monitor in 10-12k, but the one I suggested in 21.5" and for 7.6k.
You didn't mentioned a speakers, but said you need everything that a computer needs so I have also mentioned the one's I use.

The motherboard mentioned above has 14 USB 2.0 slots and 2 USB 3 slots, so you can attach anything you want :)

Again, there may be better options available so let others comment.:grin:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Your maximum budget is (45 + 12K) = 57K including Display. And for gaming you need a good gaming Mouse with higher DPI and a kyboard with good response time, not a wireless combo.
Here is my suggestion for your rig:-

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 10.8K
MSI Z68-GD55-B3 @ 9.4K
Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1 F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL @ 1.8K
Seagate 7200.12 500 GB SATA @ 1.8K
Corsair GS600 80+ Certified @ 3.9K
CM Elite 430 with Transparent Side PAnel @ 2.6K
MSI 6950 2 GB Twin Frozr III @ 15.8K
Razer Cyclosa Keyboard & Mouse Bundle @ 2.1K
Display: Dell ST2220L 21.5" Full HD (1920X1080) LED @ 8.75K

Total 55.15K. As per me, this suggestion will serve you well for next couple years.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
2. The CPU must be able to have slot for 2 monitors. I will attach two monitors to this desktop.
5. Need a Wifi- Card for the recommended Desktop- Can buy separate Wifi Cards for the same. As majority of the time i will be connected to Internet via wifi
2: CPU doesn't handle monitors, GPU does. May be its a typo. :p But this can also handle 3 Monitors.

4: Get an external WiFi dongle(the one that goes into USB slot). Its better than an internal one. It may not cost more than 1k.

6: Upgradable?? :???:

@Cilius, that motherboard only has 6USB slots..... :))

Cilus

laborare est orare
No motherboard comes with 12 or 14 integrated USB port already present as USB port in the motherboard. It comes with 6 or 8 ports and USB extention connector in motherboard. You have to use USB bracket to expand it. GD55 has three USB connector which will provide tou another 6 USB ports by using USB bracket.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
No motherboard comes with 12 or 14 integrated USB port already present as USB port in the motherboard. It comes with 6 or 8 ports and USB extention connector in motherboard. You have to use USB bracket to expand it. GD55 has three USB connector which will provide tou another 6 USB ports by using USB bracket.
:eek:

I didn't know that. Thanks! :D

OP
P

prakhar18

Broken In
Thanks guys for the suggestion.

But please mention what item is what component.
Like what item is a processor, what is a motherboard, etc in the above mentioned posts .

I will just take the print out of the mentioned configurations and give it to the shop owner.

Also are the prices mentioned are Delhi Prices-Nehru Place prices ?

Please come up with more suggestions. :)

Souro_Ray

In the zone
@Cilus
just borrowing your config for the explanation bro..

CPU Intel Core i5 2500K @ 10.8K
MOTHERBOARD MSI Z68-GD55-B3 @ 9.4K
RAM Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1 F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL @ 1.8K
HARDDRIVE Seagate 7200.12 500 GB SATA @ 1.8K
POWER SUPPLY Corsair GS600 80+ Certified @ 3.9K
CABINET CM Elite 430 with Transparent Side PAnel @ 2.6K
GRAPHICS CARD MSI 6950 2 GB Twin Frozr III @ 15.8K

got it, prakhar18? Cheers..

Top Bottom