Need Advice on Upgrading my Compaq presario SG3143IL desktop

ANKIT JHA

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: The purpose would be mainly working on microsoft office,watching images and Full HD movies and using WIndows 8 Apps.NO GAMING.But the picture quality should be like ultimate when viewing images and watching full HD movies. more like a HTPC with speed enough to run windows 8.1 and future OSes from microsoft to run buttery smooth.and softwares like XMBC would be used to view movies in FULL HD Format.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 20 -25K (cheap as can be feasible)

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Microst WIndows 8.1 and Future releases from microsoft.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: NO, I had upgraded my hard drive to 500 GB SATA.So NOT REQUIRED

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: Optional , As The computer that came with system is very old and has very low resolution.so i will be needing a monitor with preferably 1080P or above resolution and the Screen size should be 24 and above.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: HDD,Optical drive,Ethernet card,mouse,keyboard,speakers,UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Within 3 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: NO, I haven't built a desktop before but i will try this one for myself so that i can learn.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: I live in rourkela,Orissa.I'm open to both kind of shopping.Please also suggest which is cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: It should mainly be a HTPC with stunning graphics.NO gaming though.The mother board and processor should be considered for future perspective(5 yrs Minimum).I want a good reputed 80+ certified brand for the PSU. The cabinet/Motherboard can be micro ATX but preferable ATX as i want heat flow to be GOOD.The monitor should be considered a second priority as i feel that the budget of 20-25k is not enough for both the cpu and the monitor(But do give a suggestion for the monitor so that i can buy later).So the CPU should be first priority.i can buy the monitor later till then i can use my FULL HDTV in place of that.The mother board should have every type of I/O ports(Sata 3(6 GBps), USB 3.0,HDMI ).I dont know whether a Graphics card would be needed for all this or the processor and RAMs would be enough to cater to the powerful display(Just HI res Images and Full HD Movies,NO Gaming.).Please forgive me for my essay type description as this is my first post and i want the suggestions to be very specific.Thanks in advance.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
there is no need to create a thread now for buying a pc after 3 months. the prices fluctuates, newer components releases, old ones may be discontinued and so on. create a thread 2 weeks before buying.

Top Bottom