Need advice on this config

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
Guyz,

Just came back from SP Road here in Bangalore and got the below mentioned price. Please tell me whether they are reasonable or not?

Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz - 13.5K
MSI X58 Pro-E - 10.3K
Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit - 9.5k
Cooler Master CM690 Pure - 4.1K (I was looking for CM 690 II Advanced. No1 has it :x)
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 - 16.1
Corsair TX750W - 6.7k
(prices mentioned above are including all tax)

The shopkeeper of the shop IT Gain told me to wait and give him a call this weeknd so that he can confirm the availibility of CM 690 II Adv). So I came back and just waiting till weeknd.

There are other small items like Coolermaster Hyper N520 and 7*120mm fans for the cabinet. I didnt check out there prices. Will buy it directly when i go next time

Total - 13.5+10.3+9.5+4.1+16.1+6.7 = 60.2K :???: (Big hole in the pocket)

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Think i will currently stick with my dual 9600gt. Will get the 5850 after few months. Today i got myself a second hand camera lens for 22k . so now i am on real tight budget. :S :(

Cheers,
Cosmos

Last edited:
OP
cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
^ except for ram all prices look competitive, and what kinda lens is that,

Wat sud b d ram prices?? I haven't bargained nythin...I just wrote the prices he quoted...Dats y i askd how much d prices sud b..May b i will reduce d wholesome amount by ~1.5K or 2K..Letz c how it goes...

N ya d lens is "Nikkor AF-S DX VR 18-200mm 3.5-5.6G IF-E"D for my 1st love (for my Nikon D5000;-)) Trying wildlife photography n my current lenses can't match up :???:

Cheers,
Cosmos

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guyz,

Just came back from SP Road here in Bangalore and got the below mentioned price. Please tell me whether they are reasonable or not?

Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz - 13.5K
MSI X58 Pro-E - 10.3K
Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit - 9.5k
Cooler Master CM690 Pure - 4.1K (I was looking for CM 690 II Advanced. No1 has it :x)
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 - 16.1
Corsair TX750W - 6.7k
(prices mentioned above are including all tax)

The shopkeeper of the shop IT Gain told me to wait and give him a call this weeknd so that he can confirm the availibility of CM 690 II Adv). So I came back and just waiting till weeknd.

There are other small items like Coolermaster Hyper N520 and 7*120mm fans for the cabinet. I didnt check out there prices. Will buy it directly when i go next time

Total - 13.5+10.3+9.5+4.1+16.1+6.7 = 60.2K :???: (Big hole in the pocket)

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Think i will currently stick with my dual 9600gt. Will get the 5850 after few months. Today i got myself a second hand camera lens for 22k . so now i am on real tight budget. :S :(

Cheers,
Cosmos

@ cosmos

Buddy a piece of advice , stick with your dual 9600gt cards for now.
Since you're gonna be waitin for 3-4 months it will be best if you go for nvidia's fermi which would have been launched by then.

The architecture looks promising and will definitely surpass ati's 5 series.
The thorn in the bush is pricing but ati also might drop its prices by then and it will be worth the wait.:)

Wat sud b d ram prices?? I haven't bargained nythin...I just wrote the prices he quoted...Dats y i askd how much d prices sud b..May b i will reduce d wholesome amount by ~1.5K or 2K..Letz c how it goes...

N ya d lens is "Nikkor AF-S DX VR 18-200mm 3.5-5.6G IF-E"D for my 1st love (for my Nikon D5000;-)) Trying wildlife photography n my current lenses can't match up :???:

Cheers,
Cosmos

is the lens for long range shoot or wide area shoot out( sorry, not much knowledge of lens)
any ways congrats on your purchase,

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
CM 690 II Advance is a good cabinet but availability is the main problem....As far as the RAM prices go they are good coz a Corsair 6Gb DDR3 Trichannel kit costs the same price that the shopkeeper quoted(but it varies from place to place)....

OP
cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
@ cosmos

Buddy a piece of advice , stick with your dual 9600gt cards for now.
Since you're gonna be waitin for 3-4 months it will be best if you go for nvidia's fermi which would have been launched by then.

The architecture looks promising and will definitely surpass ati's 5 series.
The thorn in the bush is pricing but ati also might drop its prices by then and it will be worth the wait.:)

Hmmmm..thanx for the info...Didnt know dat actually...I can definitely w8 for 3months nw. Lot of work nwdays so less time to play :-(

is the lens for long range shoot or wide area shoot out( sorry, not much knowledge of lens)
any ways congrats on your purchase,

Sure dude, no probs at all....the lens is for both wide angle as well as long range shoot. for long range it has zoom for 11x and wide angle at 27mm. So a decent lens overall. But the lens is damn costly if you buy it new (as much as the total i7 config without the GPU :-o) so got it 2nd hand instead. N i need the lens more than the CPU. More passionate photographer now dan a gamer :p

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

CM 690 II Advance is a good cabinet but availability is the main problem....As far as the RAM prices go they are good coz a Corsair 6Gb DDR3 Trichannel kit costs the same price that the shopkeeper quoted(but it varies from place to place)....

How much did ur "G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ(1600MHz, 2Gbx3)" cost you??

Cheers,
Cosmos

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
If you going to get the accelerator after three months, then do not pick any equipment as of now. Not making any promises, or showing you silver lining in the clouds, but the FERMI refresh might change things pertaining to GPU. And since the accelerator will be the most expensive component (yes it will surpass the CPU too, how ironic), better to wait.

Best is when you are absolutely sure, you are 2 weeks away from purchase (i.e. Fermi has released you have decided), then start to source your cabinet FIRST. That seems to be an issue. So when you pick the whole bundle, the cabinet is waiting all ready at home.

Sure dude, no probs at all....the lens is for both wide angle as well as long range shoot. for long range it has zoom for 11x and wide angle at 27mm. So a decent lens overall. But the lens is damn costly if you buy it new (as much as the total i7 config without the GPU :-o) so got it 2nd hand instead. N i need the lens more than the CPU. More passionate photographer now dan a gamer :p

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Cheers,
Cosmos

yeah I know lens are very costly, thanks for the info.

OP
cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
If you going to get the accelerator after three months, then do not pick any equipment as of now. Not making any promises, or showing you silver lining in the clouds, but the FERMI refresh might change things pertaining to GPU. And since the accelerator will be the most expensive component (yes it will surpass the CPU too, how ironic), better to wait.

Best is when you are absolutely sure, you are 2 weeks away from purchase (i.e. Fermi has released you have decided), then start to source your cabinet FIRST. That seems to be an issue. So when you pick the whole bundle, the cabinet is waiting all ready at home.

Ya actually enquired about the cabinet yesterday. It is still not available and the dealer said that he will inform me as soon as it arrives. :razz:
About the CPU and Mobo, can't i get that now? I will just get the GPU unit later. This will distribute the price and help in easy purchase. I am also looking for selling old cabinet and PSU. so things stuck der as well. anywaz thnx for all ur help.

Cheers,
Cosmos

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
The later you get them, the cheaper they will be. Only RAM fluctuates like crazy, so that is pure luck.

OP
cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
Guyz,

The CM690 II Basic version is available here in Bangalore as informed by my vendor today:p Wud cost me 4.1k including taxes.
The problem is dat that CM690 II adv is still not available in India and my vendor can't confirm any release date also...Can you guyz let me knw whether it is available in your city or my vendor is bluffing?:-(

I googled the differences between 690 II basic and advance version and found the following items or functions missiing in the Basic version:

- No External SATA X-dock
- No 1.8" & 2.5" HDD and SSD adapter
- No VGA card bracket (supports triple GPU card)
- No top fan and the front fan is 120mm(front fan is 140mm in case of Advance)
- Partial tool free design in the mounting slots of DVD drive and HDD

So wat u say guyz go wid dis one or wait!!!! :?:

Cheers,
Cosmos

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Guyz,

The CM690 II Basic version is available here in Bangalore as informed by my vendor today:p Wud cost me 4.1k including taxes.
The problem is dat that CM690 II adv is still not available in India and my vendor can't confirm any release date also...Can you guyz let me knw whether it is available in your city or my vendor is bluffing?:-(

I googled the differences between 690 II basic and advance version and found the following items or functions missiing in the Basic version:

- No External SATA X-dock
- No 1.8" & 2.5" HDD and SSD adapter
- No VGA card bracket (supports triple GPU card)
- No top fan and the front fan is 120mm(front fan is 140mm in case of Advance)
- Partial tool free design in the mounting slots of DVD drive and HDD

So wat u say guyz go wid dis one or wait!!!! :?:

Cheers,
Cosmos

I don't think that these features are of great importance....but if u r bent on getting such features then i guess u'll have to wait...

vndprkh.09

Broken In
PLS HELP ME OUT TO SORT OUT THIS..
processor-i7-920 processor
OS
-window 7 professional
EXTERNAL HARDRIVE-transcend storejet25M
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE-
INTERNAL HARD DRIVE-
GRAPHICS CARD-
SOUND CARD-
MOTHERBOARD
RAM-:?:
OPTICAL DRIVE-
POWER SUPPLY-
MONITOR
-
``PLS TELL ME THIS WITH A OVERALL COST UNDER 100K
AND UNDER BEST COMPATIBILITY.AND CONTACT DETAILS
u can even change my decided spec.to meet compatibility price

OP
cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
Hi Guyz,

Finally bought my rig yesterday.
Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz -13.4k
MSI X58 Pro-E - 10.5K
Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB - 9K
Corsair TX750W -6.4K

I couldn't sell of my old Zebronics Antibiotic cabinet here in Bangalore so i didn't get the CM 690 II Basic version.:-| However i installed a lot more fans in my current cabinet. Now my Zebronics cabinet has:
1 X 140mm
2 X 120mm ( removed the top 80mm fan and replaced it with a 80mm to 120mm fan adapter )
3 X 80mm
I am planning to install one more 120mm fan at the back. Just doing some R&D on the placement. If this doesn't suffice a good airflow, then i will get my room air conditioned :mrgreen:

Nywaz, thnx a lot guyz for al your help and advice....U really r great. :razz:

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

PLS HELP ME OUT TO SORT OUT THIS..
OS
-window 7 professional
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE-
INTERNAL HARD DRIVE-
GRAPHICS CARD-
SOUND CARD-
MOTHERBOARD
RAM-:?:
OPTICAL DRIVE-
POWER SUPPLY-
MONITOR
-
``PLS TELL ME THIS WITH A OVERALL COST UNDER 100K
AND UNDER BEST COMPATIBILITY.AND CONTACT DETAILS
u can even change my decided spec.to meet compatibility price

Dude!!! 100k Budget. Now that taking it big.
My suggestions:
OS
-window 7 professional
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE- Logitech MX518(1.4k) and Razer Arctosa (1.4k)
INTERNAL HARD DRIVE- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB(4k) or Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB(4.8k)
GRAPHICS CARD-Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 (22.7k)
SOUND CARD- The motherboard has 7.1 Sound card. Don't think you need a seperate one.
MOTHERBOARD -
MSI X58 Pro-E(10.5k)
RAM- Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB(9k) or G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (8.9k)
OPTICAL DRIVE-LG 22x DVD(1.1k)
POWER SUPPLY- Corsair TX750 Watt(6.4k) if you wanna overclock or CF in future. Else you can go for Corsair TX 650W(5.8k)
MONITOR- Acer V233H 23.6" FULL HD LCD Monitor (10.6k)
CABINET - CM 690 II Basic (4.1k)
Thermal Cooling : Coolermaster Hyper N520 (2.4k)
UPS : APC 1100KVA
Max budget for all the above items will be 80K.

Others please provide your suggestions :)

Cheers,
Cosmos

Last edited:
Congratulations buddy, you got CPU and PSU damn cheap:smile:,

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Hi Guyz,

Finally bought my rig yesterday.
Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz -13.4k
MSI X58 Pro-E - 10.5K
Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB - 9K
Corsair TX750W -6.4K

I couldn't sell of my old Zebronics Antibiotic cabinet here in Bangalore so i didn't get the CM 690 II Basic version.:-| However i installed a lot more fans in my current cabinet. Now my Zebronics cabinet has:
1 X 140mm
2 X 120mm ( removed the top 80mm fan and replaced it with a 80mm to 120mm fan adapter )
3 X 80mm
I am planning to install one more 120mm fan at the back. Just doing some R&D on the placement. If this doesn't suffice a good airflow, then i will get my room air conditioned :mrgreen:

Nywaz, thnx a lot guyz for al your help and advice....U really r great. :razz:

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Dude!!! 100k Budget. Now that taking it big.
My suggestions:
OS
-window 7 professional
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE- Logitech MX518(1.4k) and Razer Arctosa (1.4k)
INTERNAL HARD DRIVE- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB(4k) or Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB(4.8k)
GRAPHICS CARD-Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 (22.7k)
SOUND CARD- The motherboard has 7.1 Sound card. Don't think you need a seperate one.
MOTHERBOARD -
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4R (Don't remember this item price. Was around 14k)
RAM- Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB(9k) or G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (8.9k)
OPTICAL DRIVE-LG 22x DVD(1.1k)
POWER SUPPLY- Corsair TX750 Watt(6.4k) if you wanna overclock or CF in future. Else you can go for Corsair TX 650W(5.8k)
MONITOR- Acer V233H 23.6" FULL HD LCD Monitor (10.6k)
CABINET - CM 690 II Basic (4.1k)
Thermal Cooling : Coolermaster Hyper N520 (2.4k)
UPS : APC 1100KVA
Max budget for all the above items will be 80K.

Others please provide your suggestions :)

Cheers,
Cosmos

how are you matching cpu i7 920 with p55 chipset M/B:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom