Need advice on choosing mobo for phenom 9550 Quad

achtung

Broken In
Hi,

I have one AMD phenom 9550 (Quad) processor.
Please help me to find a suitable mobo for the same...
My budget is within 5 - 6K:?

OP
achtung

achtung

Broken In
Many thanks Varad...

I think my phenom 9550 fits on AM2+ socket..
If I purchase a board of AM3 socket.. will my processor fit in that?

I meant to ask if whether AM3 socket is downward compatible with AM2+ processors:??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Many thanks Varad...

I think my phenom 9550 fits on AM2+ socket..
If I purchase a board of AM3 socket.. will my processor fit in that?

I meant to ask if whether AM3 socket is downward compatible with AM2+ processors:??

you'll need AM2+ motherboard. AM3 won't as its pin incompatible.

OP
achtung

achtung

Broken In
you'll need AM2+ motherboard. AM3 won't as its pin incompatible.
Thanks a ton Sam...

another thing.. if a mobo has built in ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics chipset in it.. do you think that it is sufficient for most of the common modern games and mini/micro HD movies? Or does it need a graphics card with it..?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks a ton Sam...

another thing.. if a mobo has built in ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics chipset in it.. do you think that it is sufficient for most of the common modern games and mini/micro HD movies? Or does it need a graphics card with it..?

my pleasure buddy

HD3300 i.e. based on 790GX is sufficient for most games if played in 1024X768 resolution or little higher. even Crysis will give playable FPS if you turn enough settings down. but anything higher or if you planning game on 20" or bigger monitor, a graphics card of midrange or upper lowend seriously recommended.

OP
achtung

achtung

Broken In
my pleasure buddy

HD3300 i.e. based on 790GX is sufficient for most games if played in 1024X768 resolution or little higher. even Crysis will give playable FPS if you turn enough settings down. but anything higher or if you planning game on 20" or bigger monitor, a graphics card of midrange or upper lowend seriously recommended.
Sam.. You just made my day man.. :mrgreen:
Kudos.. :-o

Many thanks to Varad as well...

Top Bottom