Need advice on buying a mobile worth 15-20K

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^ For youtube , try Youtube HD or Tubecast , works better than official Youtube on even ios and android
supports chromecasting,ariplay etc too
also youtube website has zero issues on my 720,no hardware limitations at all
I also own a 820 along with my 720,very little difference despite the leap in hardware,thats how well optimised WP is for older hardware

the.one

In the zone
^ For youtube , try Youtube HD or Tubecast , works better than official Youtube on even ios and android
supports chromecasting,ariplay etc too
also youtube website has zero issues on my 720,no hardware limitations at all
I also own a 820 along with my 720,very little difference despite the leap in hardware,thats how well optimised WP is for older hardware

I tried one such third-party youtube app earlier but it was no more than a redirection to the youtube mobile website. Will try this out too.

Also whats the best alternative for Google maps? I have Maps+, Google Maps(unofficial) installed, is GMaps any better?

I had 'Listen' as my audio player app. I dint like it that much after its latest update, any other u know of, dont want to try all that are out there. Recently downloaded 'Music player', yet to evaluate..

And yeah I maybe going off-topic with these.

Last edited:

the.one

In the zone
^ Nokia here maps FTW!

Lol.. Nokia here maps.

I was specifically talking about Google Maps.

I have been using Here maps for a long time, Google maps are much better. Here maps are very useful when offline, and this feature is also coming to google maps in the near future.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I tried one such third-party youtube app earlier but it was no more than a redirection to the youtube mobile website. Will try this out too.

Also whats the best alternative for Google maps? I have Maps+, Google Maps(unofficial) installed, is GMaps any better?

I had 'Listen' as my audio player app. I dint like it that much after its latest update, any other u know of, dont want to try all that are out there. Recently downloaded 'Music player', yet to evaluate..

And yeah I maybe going off-topic with these.

Here Maps are easily the best mapping service ive used
I dont really rely on google maps unless Im using my Z10 or my Nexus 5 which is very rare

I wouldnt say Google maps or Here Maps are better than the other,both have stuff the other lacks but Here offers more usability

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Thanks for the inputs, guys. Much appreciated. I'm always open to new things & I may just try a windows phone.

the.one

In the zone
This guy points out things that u will and won't like on a wp device very well.

*m.youtube.com/watch?v=C-wdWzspIBY

the.one

In the zone
I find most of those accurate being a long time wp user. Except for the keyboard(I like the wp keyboard a lot).

I dint find anything there in comments though.

Last edited:

NatalieGreen

Right off the assembly line
I would recommend you to go for HTC 816, 616 or you can take Moto g 2nd generation.
HTC has got all the features covered with what a decent phone should compose of.
It has got 5, 5.5 inch screen
dual sim
above 1 gb ram
13 mp front camera and 8 mp secondary camera.
with Moto G2 it has got all the basic features into it.

Top Bottom