Need advice for 25K PC

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Guys, got the price quotation for the components this evening.

A10 5800K -- 7950
Asus FM2A85X-M LE --- 5500
WD Blue 500 GB --- 2950
Corsair 2 x 4 GB 1600 MHz RAM --- 3300(Value series)/ 3800(XMS series) / 4200(Vengence)
CM Elite 311 Cabinet --- 2050

These are the lowest prices available in CTC, Secunderabad. I got these prices from Arun Computers.

@Sumalatha -- I asked for Mr.Raghu in Arun computers, but he is not available. I got these prices from Mr. Ramu.

What do you say guys? Are there any cheaper deals available for the above?

Also I liked the Bitfenix Merc Alpha cabinet available in theitdepot.com
Looks more good than the CM Elite 311.

What do you say guys?

pacificb0y

Broken In
i3 Entry level Gaming Rig
Motherboard-ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 -4082 rs/ASUS P8H61- M LX - 3005

1. CPU intel Core i3-3220 3.30 GHz Processor - 3rd Generation - 7055 rs

2. Cabinet Antec X1 Gaming Cabinet - 2495 rs - 15z17xd.jpg < {here is the pic}

3. Memory Ram G.skill 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz Desktop Ram - 1480 rs

4. Seagate Barracuda 500GB Internal Desktop Hard Drive (ST500DM002)

5. Graphics Card Asus Geforce GT630 4GB DDR3 Nvdia PCI E Graphic Card - 5410 rs
OR HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card Priced at Rs.4946 {both Are great for above casual gaming most of the games are playble with good frame rates including BF3 if you pair it with a i3
Go for a radeon 6670 instead of GT630 ,i wrote GT 630 as an secondary option

it would be great if you somehow find a DDR5 version of radeon hd 6670

6. Hard Disk Seagate Barracuda 500GB Internal Desktop Hard Drive (ST500DM002) - 3440 rs

7. CD/DVD Drive Samsung 24X DVD RW Sata Black - 1040 rs

8. Power Supply Corsair VS Series VS450 450W High Performance Power Supply - 2260 rs

Total = 25500 to 26474 (perfectly Fits in your budget with Good configuration) hope You Like :)

If you want USB 3.0 motherboard ,with PCIe 3.0 Ready,GPU Boost then ASUS MOTHERBOARD P8B75-MLX would be the best option for You
And personally i will advise you ,go for intel if you want good fps ,multitasking and high performance i am a amd fan boy when it comes to 8 core processor like fx8150 ,8120 ,because i do rendering and animation Though higher intel i7 beats em' easily from all aspects but they are priced above 20 k

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
And personally i will advise you ,go for Intel if you want good fps ,multitasking and high performance
Sir, could you provide us some links for enlightening us about the better Multi-threaded performance of i3 3220 over A10-5800K? It will be really helpful.

8. Power Supply Corsair VS Series VS450 450W High Performance Power Supply - 2260 rs

Go through the posts before recommending sub standard products.

summers

Journeyman
i3 Entry level Gaming Rig
Motherboard-ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 -4082 rs/ASUS P8H61- M LX - 3005

1. CPU intel Core i3-3220 3.30 GHz Processor - 3rd Generation - 7055 rs

2. Cabinet Antec X1 Gaming Cabinet - 2495 rs - View attachment 9594 < {here is the pic}

3. Memory Ram G.skill 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz Desktop Ram - 1480 rs

4. Seagate Barracuda 500GB Internal Desktop Hard Drive (ST500DM002)

5. Graphics Card Asus Geforce GT630 4GB DDR3 Nvdia PCI E Graphic Card - 5410 rs
OR HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card Priced at Rs.4946 {both Are great for above casual gaming most of the games are playble with good frame rates including BF3 if you pair it with a i3
Go for a radeon 6670 instead of GT630 ,i wrote GT 630 as an secondary option

it would be great if you somehow find a DDR5 version of radeon hd 6670

6. Hard Disk Seagate Barracuda 500GB Internal Desktop Hard Drive (ST500DM002) - 3440 rs

7. CD/DVD Drive Samsung 24X DVD RW Sata Black - 1040 rs

Total = 25500 to 26474 (perfectly Fits in your budget with Good configuration) hope You Like :)

If you want USB 3.0 motherboard ,with PCIe 3.0 Ready,GPU Boost then ASUS MOTHERBOARD P8B75-MLX would be the best option for You
And personally i will advise you ,go for intel if you want good fps ,multitasking and high performance i am a amd fan boy when it comes to 8 core processor like fx8150 ,8120 ,because i do rendering and animation Though higher intel i7 beats em' easily from all aspects but they are priced above 20 k

seems you have not read the entire posts. Go through it before recommending anything.

pacificb0y

Broken In
lol i have suggested him according to his needs i guess

Basically he needs a pc for casual to moderate gaming(Like NFS, Red alert, Battlefield etc. No high end games), Watching movies, Internet etc.
and his budget is 25000 Rupees

:Di dont think am any where wrong ,do i ?

Basically he needs a pc for casual to moderate gaming(Like NFS, Red alert, Battlefield etc. No high end games), Watching movies, Internet etc.

You just sent the thread back to stone age. OP placed many other requirements and preferences along the way. But you didn't read them and suggested a new config altogether.

summers

Journeyman

Thats why i said u've not read the posts entirely.

> You have receommended a wrong PSU. Corsair CX430V2 is clearly better than VS450.

> OP shall be using linux and is plannning to run 2 VM. Hence, the recommendation for A10-5800K at this budget.

>You have recommeded an outdated GPU. With A10, he can do away with the discrete GPU at the moment considering his budget. Later on he can add it.

pacificb0y

Broken In
btw in Some multi-threaded applications, the FX processor beats the 3550K specially when running a virtual pc

you can acutally see the difference between these 2 processors at AnandTech | Bench - CPU
Intel core i3 3220 Head to Head i guess

And flagship feature of the A10-5800K is its gaming performance. If you can’t squeeze a separate video card into your budget for a gaming rig, then A10 should be your first choice in processor.

another thing he expressed that he may be running virtual machine for some practice ,first of all that was not mentioned above in his first post anwways

particularly for this need A10 would be a lot better than intel becuase it has Twice as many core to run more applications/virtual machines at once ,and it can be overclocked

ya didnt had much time to read the full posts so just suggested him on the basis of his first post :p

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Finalized the A10 config. Now the only thing is about the prices. I had mentioned the price quotations i got in my previous post. Can anybody confirm if they are ok or more better prices are available?

Finalized the A10 config. Now the only thing is about the prices. I had mentioned the price quotations i got in my previous post. Can anybody confirm if they are ok or more better prices are available?
If you are talking about these:

A10 5800K -- 7950
Asus FM2A85X-M LE --- 5500
WD Blue 500 GB --- 2950
Corsair 2 x 4 GB 1600 MHz RAM --- 3300(Value series)/ 3800(XMS series) / 4200(Vengence)
CM Elite 311 Cabinet --- 2050

Prices are good. The only thing I would like to change is the cabinet. Get NZXT Gamma (2500). It has got better cable management scope and very good ventilation.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
How about this cabinet?

Theitdepot - Buy Bitfenix Merc Alpha ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Black (BFC-MRC-100-KKX1-RP) online in india

Looks are too good along with cable managemet. Price is also less than flipkart.

summers

Journeyman
Its a good cabinet with nice and clean looks plus ample space. You may go for it, if NZXT Gamma looks doesn't appeal you.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Yes. It looked nice to me than the NZXT Gamma. Actually its cheaper in flipkart only. I missed the shipping charges in the theitdepot site. My bad. :)

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Thanks for all the support guys. Though I had finalilzed the A10 config, yesterday I was reading the Service and RMA watch thread and seems lot of people are avoiding Asus due to Rashi's worst after sales service. Now I am in a fix. Whether to go with Asus or not. What equivalent mobos do I have which can compliment the A10 without crippling its performance and not compromise on features(like USB 3.0 and ample Sata 3 ports) with a price range of 5K ? Except Gigabyte please.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Except Gigabyte? They make high quality Motherboards man. I have been using them for years. Personally I prefer them over MSI for Dual Bios.
If you still suspicious about Giga then Go for
1st Option: MSI
2nd Option:AsRock

Top Bottom