Need a Socket 754 Motherboard

insaneYLN

In the zone
Friends, my younger sister's Socket 754 motherboard [MSI K8MM3-V] is dead.:-(

i went to all the possible local "big" & a few "small" vendors to inquire if there is a new motherboard for sale, but no luck. :cry:

i looked up on the web & i found this -
Socket 754 Motherboards | motherboards socket 754 | Socket 754 Motherboard

Based on the above link, my first choice is the Gigabyte motherboard [GA-K8U] but if it is not possible to get that due to non-availability or out-of-stock then i do not mind getting any other brand as long as i get the stipulated warranty.:wink:
i reckon the warranty period given by all the major motherboard brands is 3 years, right?

i asked my sister if she was contemplating a new motherboard+processor+memory upgrade but she seems to be happy with her current configuration. About 8 months back, she put a new 1GB DDR RAM module & does not want that to go waste.

i am quite reluctant on an online purchase, so if there is or are a few places in Mumbai where i can get this then do let me know. i am going to Mumbai soon.

As always, i await your feedback :smile:

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Friends, i apologise for my stupidity.:oops:
i should have checked on Gigabyte's website first but realised it later.:oops:

Having looked at
Socket 754 - GIGABYTE

i feel i should go with NVIDIA as the vendor & 6100 as the chipset. So which one should i opt for?

GA-K8N51GMF (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE

OR

GA-K8N51GMF-RH (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE

Friends, if you know any places or dealers in Mumbai who still have such motherboards in stock, then kindly please inform me.
Ingram Micro & Neoteric are the only 2 dealers listed on Gigabyte's Where To Buy link
Motherboard - GIGABYTE

Friends, do respond..:???:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ i'll simply suggest you consider an upgrade cause these boards are extremely old & hence very hard to come by. so better save your time & money. opt for an upgrade. you may end up spending around 1500-2000 more but it'll be worth it. as least you (or your sister in same sense) will get better performance. AMD sempron + Gigabyte 740G + 1Gb DDR3 will total cost you 5k & will easily outperform the existing setup by a good margin. even if you end up with that board (the one you searching) & end up paying ~3k. what is the benefit?

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
@ Sam.Shab

Thank you for your valuable advice Sir. i have tried to put your point across my sister but somehow she is reluctant to upgrade & adamant on sticking by her "dated" configuration.

My sister..:crazy:

i will give her some more time to change her mind but till then if any of you are able to locate a dealer (preferably in Mumbai) who still has my selected/desired choice of the Socket 754 motherboard then kindly keep me updated.

Thank you
:)

Top Bottom