need a script to browse pages on my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerz

MasterMind
hi frndzz, i m makin a new site www.cursedpirates.owns.it, i need a script like when u have many pages in a section ,at the bottom there is a menu
example::

<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next>

i need this kind of script to insert in my pages as i have many pages im my mobile software section ..

pplz tell me whats this script called,and where can i find such script

plzzz replyy someone

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
Try *www.hotscripts.com to see if you find something.

IMO, you will have to code this manually. You can make a single file with this type of navigation and use PHP's include() function to include it at the bottom of all your pages. So if in future you add/delete pages, you have to edit just this one file and it will show in all the pages. If you do this, you will have to name you pages as .php and not .htm/.html

Code:
<?php include("navigation.txt"); ?>

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
tuxfan said:
Try *www.hotscripts.com to see if you find something.

IMO, you will have to code this manually. You can make a single file with this type of navigation and use PHP's include() function to include it at the bottom of all your pages. So if in future you add/delete pages, you have to edit just this one file and it will show in all the pages. If you do this, you will have to name you pages as .php and not .htm/.html

Code:
<?php include("navigation.txt"); ?>
i think auto generation of page numbers is only possible in php not sure though but i certainly dont think html has such a script

tuxfan

Technomancer
mAV3 said:
i think auto generation of page numbers is only possible in php not sure though but i certainly dont think html has such a script

HTML cannot generate any dynamic content and has no scripting. Dynamic content on a page could be possible in 2 ways:
- Clientside (your machine) - e.g. Javascript, VBscript
- Serverside - e.g. PHP, ASP

But in this case, it depends on the number of pages physically present on the server. As far as I think (from common sense) it is not possible to count the files on the server!!

However, it is possible to find out if a file exists or not with the PHP's file_exists() function. So if a uniformity is maintained in naming the file, this list at the bottom could be dynamically generated. But writing this code needs effort and time. The simpler way out is to make the navigation manually and include it.

Of course, if it keeps changing every now and then, then it may justify the time spend in writing the code. But here the number of pages will change only when a new page will added manually. So alongwith an added page, if this navigation file is also modified, it will take less time than writing the code.

tuxfan

Technomancer
What are you saying killerz!! The link that you gave is something totally different and has no relation to the topic!

Pathik

Google Bot
yup man!!! the link u gave is a scroller... adn wat u asked for above is something else...
goto hotscripts.com or dynamicdrive.com and searech in php...

OP
killerz

killerz

MasterMind
yes guys its some what similar to the script i need but i edited this scroller script
and finally got what i needed..
thanks tuxfan
chk this
*img129.imageshack.us/img129/7312/untitledki4.jpg

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom