Need a pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Transcent v10 and v60 models are faster than Sandisk Cruzer, nd v10 is better performer.
But it dun have any security features. But who needs so much security of a ere 4G thumpdrive.

V60 8GB is for 1800 and v10 4G is for 950. Its has crazy performance.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ive personnel gud experience with v10. But v30 is really much much slower.
read this jan digit for the thump drive shootout. In that Sandisk Cruzer has performance rated 26.21 nd v10 has 32.11 and v60 has 27.59. Then only advantage of cruzer is its U3 features.
U can instally 3rd party antivirus similar to U3 and have the security features also.
Voyager 2Gb has 3091 nd 4GB has 27.10 ratings

They havnt rated Vyager GT which is almost double fast in all respect than voyagers. The fastest drive on the review is Sandisk Extreme Ducati 4GB @ 6790/- with rating 43.85
Have read somewhere that Voyager GT is better than Ducati.
T 4GB is for some 3200/-.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The read speeds of Ducati is some what same as others like v10, Voyager etc @ 24MBps while voyager has 33!!!
but the write speeds are almost 3 times faster than other @ 16MBpx while others are at 6~8.

But the Voyager GT as seen on reviews has more than twice speed for reading and 3 times faster for writing and voyager can even withstand an SUV rolling over it[as said by corsair].
*techgage.com/article/corsair_voyager_gt_8gb/
*www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/drives/corsair-voyager-gt-8gb/4/
*techgage.com/reviews/corsair/8gbvoyagergt/corsair_hdtach.jpg

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
I have virtually finalized to buy the Cruzer Contour 2 GB or 4 GB. Can anyone of you tell me the prices of these models in New Delhi. I checked with SanDisk retailers and they quoted the price of 4 gb contour at about Rs. 2000. 2 GB wasn't available with them. What lowest price can I get in Delhi and where?

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
Guys, please tell me the price of Contour 1gb, 2gb and 4gb. I am out of station right now and can't go to the market to check the prices. I need the prices urgently.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
The read speeds of Ducati is some what same as others like v10, Voyager etc @ 24MBps while voyager has 33!!!
but the write speeds are almost 3 times faster than other @ 16MBpx while others are at 6~8.

But the Voyager GT as seen on reviews has more than twice speed for reading and 3 times faster for writing and voyager can even withstand an SUV rolling over it[as said by corsair].
*techgage.com/article/corsair_voyager_gt_8gb/
*www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/drives/corsair-voyager-gt-8gb/4/
*techgage.com/reviews/corsair/8gbvoyagergt/corsair_hdtach.jpg
thanks for the superb comparison

+1 for Corsair Voyager GT
+1

Last edited:

PraKs

Youngling
Got Corsair 4 GB (Shockproof & waterproof) for 860+ Tax (ex. Bangalore)

Awesome drive.

10 yrs warranty.. Go for it.

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
Got Corsair 4 GB (Shockproof & waterproof) for 860+ Tax (ex. Bangalore)

Awesome drive.

10 yrs warranty.. Go for it.
I don't think that the one you are talking about is Voyager GT. It must be some other model.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
but i wud like to add something bout Corsair Voyager>>>
i recently bought 8GB and 4GB version of it. I am happy with the performance that they offer and is much higher than the Cruzers or Kingstons.
But the voyager dun seems to be WATERPROOF as they say. There is no special locking mechanism for cap and water can easily enter if we hold the cap tight to it. Surelly it ll get kaput if its on pocket and we go out in rain.

And secondly, the cap lock mechanism of 4G was ok, but the cap of 8g was way too lose and it open up b its own if i hold it vertically. So i had to use a metal instrument to bend the hole or widen the rectangular hole a small bit inorder to sustain he cap firmly.

And finally its a dust magnet. It wud look as in picture only for one day, though u cal clean by wiping it gently with water without the water getting inside.

I also have a Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3, Micro Skin, and data traveller. I like this one most coz of its ruggedness and looks, and performance too but the bundled s/w comes nowhere near the U3 provided on Sandisk.

BTW here in Kerala 4GB Voyager costs 750/- net and 8GB one costs 1800/- net.
4G Cruzer Skin 800/- and 2G Cruzer Micro U3 600/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom