need a new router

nipunb

Broken In
I need a wifi router for my bsnl broadband, i'll be using it with my pc, laptop and cell phone.
i'm thinking of buying this router, but let me know if I should get some other

D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah. I just bought W8968 a week ago. It's awesome. Just get it if you can afford. Else W8961.

Both are of TP-Link

OP
N

nipunb

Broken In
well, there's not much difference in the price, gonna buy the w8968..
thnx guys..

OP
N

nipunb

Broken In
is there any difference between the w8961 and w8968 other than the usb port..
I don't need the usb functionality, so if there's no other difference between the two, I'll just buy the w8961 instead of w8968 and save a few bucks...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
The difference is USB Port and EWAN. Means you can use 3G Dongle later if you want to use at any point of time in future as a backup solution to your broadband.

Also as this router have EWAN, you can use Optical Fibre connections too.

So this is just a future proof router than 8961.

I also thought of getting 8961 first, then TDF members suggested this one and I thought Rs. 500/- extra is VFM for a future proof router. One doesn't plan to get a router in near future if the present one doesn't goes kaput.

So as 3G Prices are going down nowadays, who can say, we may end up using 3G Dongles, 1 Year down the line.

Airtel already slashed it's 4G Prices by 33%, Both Vodafone and Airtel slashed their 2G Prices by around 80 - 90% respectively.

Soon 3G prices will be going down.

Still, if you are sure you don't need 3G / EWAN and you'll never be using one of them, then get 8961.