Need a new LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
got a lot of HD content lately,so i wanna buy a new LCD.currently i hav a HP W1907.
so naturally the new ones gotta hav the same kind of pic quality or better.

I've seen a model at the LG website.

*www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=6377&subcat=LCD

any1 has any idea bout this one?plz dont suggest DELL cuz i wont be getting DELL from my vendor.brands which r available r :
1>LG
2>Samsung
3>AOC
4>ACER
5>HP
6>BenQ

dont hav any fixed budget of sorts but the lower i can keep the cost the better.

so plz suggest a good monitor.gonna get it 2morrow.:smile:

Thnx

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i would avoid LG. i've read in xbitlabs that artifacts are too much ( but its not the same model as u're referring to ) . cant u order dell online ?

i think samsung 2232bw holds promise.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
wats the minimum that i wud hafta pay to get a 24" full HD?my vendor has said that he has sold a 22" LG for 11.9k (i'll get it for say 11k or somethin).

@sagargv how much does that Samsung cost?

1 more thing i know that @ 1680x1050 my gpu (8800GTS 320MB) can pull all games at playable fps but @ 1920x1200 will my gpu be able to cope up?
anyways i'll be upgrading all of gpu,ram procy etc once Nehalem comes.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Very difficult to get 1920*1200 resolution out of games, but gotta tell you it just looks plain gorgeous when you do. Crysis of course will give you 1fps at that resolution.

And playing at 1650*1050 on a 24" is quite playable. Just you cannot go any lower than that cause it looks crappy.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
dude , for games 24" aint a good idea.not much point in getting it and playing games at non-native resolution. although , movies look stunning but gaming will be hell of a problem .. dell 24" was abt 19k . but it had response time of 5ms which aint good for games. i strongly recommend u to get dell sp2208wfp .. gr8 for gaming .

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ no DELL plz.i wont/cant buy DELL.
i hafta buy from my vendor cuz i get lotsa facilities from him like if i dont like the monitor whihc i order i can always return it and order a diff model.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ok . then try samsung 2232bw . 2ms response time , matte finish . .i liked it and is praised in reviews.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
hows the HP W2207?
my vendor said he cud arrange that 1 for me.cost is bout 14k.
also any chance of any 24" costing bout 16-18k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom