need a new lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
previously i had a Viewsonic 1912wb which i sold off 2day.so i'm in need of a new monitor preferably a 19"-20" widescreen lcd.plz suggest the best lcd monitor that i shall get in 9-10k the lower the better.i love the display of my Compaq C739TU and want my new monitor to hav a similar sort of display.

piyush1989kap

Broken In
can u tell me why u sold off your lcd display?
i too having problems with my display...
You can go for samsung 940BW...its amazing lcd with dvi.Dont ever think of viewsonic...I am too suffering from my bad lcd.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ i sold it off cuz i got a bakra to sell it off to.:D
the present price is 8.3k whereas i sold it off for 9.5k.:D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
chk out the samsung gloss finished wide screenies they cost around 12k for 19" and look damn sexy they have the same shape as the 1 of their lcd tvs the bulge in the center at the bottom they look damn sexy

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ cud u give me the specific model no for this Samsung.
as of now i've brought a HP vp15s from my vendor for temporary usage untill i decide on which monitor to buy.
the overall display quality of the Hp vp15s is gr8.i love it and its far better than my VA1912wb.the only prob is its 15".
now i want my new monitor to hav display quality like this HP vp15s or like display of my new Compaq C739TU.
my vendor is suggesting me to buy LG but i dont wanna buy LG.it has too many probs.
how does BenQ fare against HP?
my budget is 100-11k max the lower the better.
the monitor sud hav dvi port (this is a must) and HDCP wud be a added bonus.
so plz suggest accordingly.
do not suggest Dell as i dont think i wud be able to get it.
thnx.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
You can go for samsung 940BW...its amazing lcd with dvi.Dont ever think of viewsonic...I am too suffering from my bad lcd.

I have the vx1932wm :p so I know what suffering is..

still I would say vg1930wm and vx1945wm would be a good buy :p only the vg1930wm would come at Rs. 9200/- + TAX :)

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ but these babies wud cost me a lot more than 11k wont they???

@Choto Cheeta wud be worth getting a BenQ???cuz i dont wanna go for a Viewsonic monitor again.
but plz tell me one thing whether BenQ will hav good pic quality as compared to HP.if not then i hafta go for 17" HP for 11k.
also wats the present price of HP w1907

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
last time i chked at croma the 19" was retailing at ~12k if my memory serves me right

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Choto Cheeta wud be worth getting a BenQ???cuz i dont wanna go for a Viewsonic monitor again.

looks bulky :p but works fine.., and any performance problem with ViewSonic ?? or the support problem ??

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ the VA1912wb had backlight bleeding probs.also sometimes it wudnt display anything when connected thru dvi.
also do Compaq and HP lcds hav same display quality cuz price of Compaq lcds r far less than those of HP.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
and support ?? didnt they replace it ?? as if possible do read this :) *www.chotocheeta.com/2008/01/22/qui...onic-vx1945wm-19-hd-widescreen-with-viewdock/

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I had both Samsung 940BW & Benq FP92W 19" ws. It's a great performer, can be compared to Samsung 940BW but only drawback is, it doesn't include the DVI cable in the package.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ DVI cable....i hav that.i kept the DVI cable from the VA1912wb and sold it only with the D-Sub cable.

and support ?? didnt they replace it ?? as if possible do read this :) *www.chotocheeta.com/2008/01/22/qui...onic-vx1945wm-19-hd-widescreen-with-viewdock/

i didnt go for support in the 1st place cuz i knew they wud make an issue out of it and it wud take 2-3months to get the replacement.:mad:
so i had made up my mind to sell it off.;)

Last edited:

nanop1i

Right off the assembly line
hi recently i bought Lg 19" tft its having superb quality.. you can definately go for it..

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^^ thnx for ur suggestions but i dont think i'll be buying LG again.i've used 3 LG lcds b4 and all 3 had serious issues.

piyush1989kap

Broken In
I want to tell you i have done a lot research in lcds..when i was screwed up buying the rubbish viewsonic lcd va1912wb.
I would like to say that just close youreyes and go for samsung 940BW or samsung 920NW.The latter lacks dvi.
or you can go for glossy samsung 17".
I dont think glossy samsung is available in india for 19"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom