Need a motherboard for C2Duo!

toofan

Technomancer
Hello friends,

I had started a thread some months ago about the restarting problem I have, this doesn't seems to get solved so want to buy a new motherboard, but not costly.

I use my pc for Photo editing and gaming sometimes.

I am having the following configuration,

1. Motherboard: MSI P 35 Neo ( guess this is the problem).
2. Gfx Card: Palit 8600 GT 512Mb.
3. 4 x 2GB kingston 800 RAM total 8 gb in dual channel.
4. Proc: core 2 Duo 6750 2.66 ghz.
5. Two harddisks: segate 160gb and 250gb.
6. Samsung DVD RW.
7. Intex PSU 450 watts.
8. Zebronics cabinet.

Please suggest a good cheap replacement of it around Rs 2500.00

Will it be good if i dump my 8bg RAM and invest in a DDR3 RAMs, then what MB I will need.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Naxal

Little Kid
Will it be good if i dump my 8bg RAM and invest in a DDR3 RAMs, then what MB I will need.

I think you have to since at that price range you will get boards with only DDR3 support. Those which will have DDR2 support, only have 2 RAM slots hence your 4 RAMs cant be used.

Please suggest a good cheap replacement of it around Rs 2500.00

Recently I also faced similar issue where I too was need of a LGA775 socket based board and suggested ( *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/161328-need-advice-new-lga-775-motherboard.html ) to look into these.

Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Ohh yes, at this price point I will only get two slots of Memory RAM.

So means I need to jump to DDR3 motherboards?

What will happen to my 4x 2GB DDR2 modules. Out of which two are just 2 months old.

Guys pull me out of it.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
Both the boards suggested by Naxal are good. It depends on you which one to buy. I would recommend the Gigabyte one. It is similar to the ASUS one with a lower price tag.

Naxal

Little Kid
So means I need to jump to DDR3 motherboards?

What will happen to my 4x 2GB DDR2 modules. Out of which two are just 2 months old.

Warranty is left in two RAMs I guess it should fetch you 1000 each..
And other two should fetch 700 each..

Sell it locally of sell it here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/want-buy/153953-2-4gb-ddr2-pc-ram.html people are looking for DDR2 RAMs..

use eBay or other website also otherwise try selling it into local shops, ask them for 2x4GB RAM sticks of better manufactures like Corsair or GSkill 1333Mhz in return of your 4 x 2 GB Sticks.. Buy the board from there also :)

In my case, I had only 2 sticks of 2GB hence I chose the Combo board staying with DDR2 platform !!

Both the boards suggested by Naxal are good. It depends on you which one to buy. I would recommend the Gigabyte one. It is similar to the ASUS one with a lower price tag.

The major difference between two boards are the missing UATA / PATA port in ASUS model, hence its cheaper compare to Gigabyte

Last edited:
Top Bottom