Need a monitor for Graphic designing

Jokumar

Broken In
Hi !
1. Budget?
10 to 12k
2. Display type and size?
IPS panel 24"
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Graphic Design and little bit gaming.
4. Types and number of ports required?
HDMI and DVI
5. Preferred choice of brand?

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?

7. Any other info that you want to share.
I have following PC configuration
OS NameMicrosoft Windows 11 Pro, System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)8.00 GB
Graphic card Name NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
Adapter RAM(2,147,483,648) bytes
Please note if the monitor has built-in speakers it's wonderful

Thank you in advance
MahendraKumar

bubusam13

Human
If getting accurate colors is your requirement, the min. you need to look for 100% sRGB monitors. DCI-P3, 99% AdobeRGB. Also though FullHD was enough, I feel UHD monitors are a requirement now for the sharpness they offer. Also I found Dell monitors much sharper. Also if you get a 10 bit pannel, awesome. Based on your system configurations, I don't feel a 120Hz monitor will do any benefit though you can get one to future proof.

But in your budget, I feel that you will only get a FullHD 100% sRGB IPS monitor. So get whichever you find cheaper.

Both of the monitors below are 99% sRGB.

LG Ultragear IPS Gaming Monitor Model: 24GN65R

LG FHD Virtually Borderless IPS Monitor Model: 24MP88HV (The built-in speakers are good)

1692560312554.png

As mentioned earlier, get a 100% sRGB monitor.

IMO get a gaming monitor as so-called "cheap professional" monitors are kind of a scam in India. You can get a good 1080p gaming monitor for 11-13k. Acer VG240Ys is the 11k option, else the LG 24GN65R is good at 13k. The latter has a height adjustable stand, which is useful. 3rd party stand costs 1.5k or so.

A cheap ₹500 speaker set will be better than in-built monitor speakers.
PS - I have a 1440p Asus monitor which has some shit speakers, they should be put a usable one or removed it. Its good for notification sounds only, volume is too low.

bubusam13

Human
I had bad experiences with Acer monitors. Backlit bleeding is more prominent and also the built in speaker loudness level is very low. Got this in Reddit for the mentioned Acer monitor.
1692606185338.png

Top Bottom