Need a low cost Laptop (22k)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
A friend of mine wants to buy laptop for around 22-23k. For convenience, I'll assume it is my own question.

Screen size needs to be at least 14". 15.6" is preferable. Performance doesn't matter as it will be used only for Internet browsing and MS Office.

I'm not asking for specific models. My question only relates to the choice of processor. I enquired in the market, two choices are available. The older Intel dual core processors or Intel atom processors. However, if I order online, I also get the option of AMD APU. I particularly liked this model on Flipkart:
HP Pavilion G6 Series G6-1318AX Laptop: Flipkart.com

1. Now my question is, which platform amongst the three, Intel Dual core, Intel atom & AMD APU, Should I go for.
  2. Also want you opinion on brand. I would prefer HP or ASUS. But Toshiba, samsung, Lenovo and Acer are also available. So which brands should I go for and is there any that I should avoid?
  3. And please suggest a good place to order online, laptops on Flipkart are overpriced

RON28

Cyborg Agent
do you have Windows OS? i suggest you this link.

and if you don't have OS then this link.

both have 500GB HDD and you can get it locally for 1-2k cheaper.

and HP laptop which you mentioned is known for heating issues, A4(Liano) processor is old,thats why, but now they have solved it.

and one thing i would like to say, while purchasing a lappy for myself a month ago, i saw this laptop for 24K at a local store.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
either get the A4 based HP or 2nd gen Pentium Dual Core based Samsung.
Avoid any AMD E/C stuff and also Atom.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
OK, thanks Ron28 and Sam. I think I'll go for Intel Pentium dual core then. I'll enquire in the local market for the samsung & Asus models.

Top Bottom