Need a Laptop under 65K

rider

as Kratos
If it's the GPU that's getting heated then it's fine. But if it's CPU core then it will be a problem because it will have the same impact while I work with multiple application. I read HP Laptops has some technology that cools down the laptop very well.

See, man as per the user comments samsung heats a lot while gaming and the cooling tech only comes with hp as hp coolsense which is truly amazing. But the hp pavilion core-i7 laptops comes with typical 768p screen that is not outstanding but quite average. After sales and service wise hp is very awesome, comes with accidental warranty too. hp send engineer on the same day of complaint and everything is fine in terms of performance and build quality.

OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In
See, man as per the user comments samsung heats a lot while gaming and the cooling tech only comes with hp as hp coolsense which is truly amazing. But the hp pavilion core-i7 laptops comes with typical 768p screen that is not outstanding but quite average. After sales and service wise hp is very awesome, comes with accidental warranty too. hp send engineer on the same day of complaint and everything is fine in terms of performance and build quality.

What you think about this model ?

HP Pavilion 7039TX Laptop (3rd Gen Core i7/ 8GB/ 1 TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

ujjwal007

Lost in games
if gaming is not ur main priority..just close ur eyes and go for samsung NP550P5C- SO2IN @ 58K it has 8gb ram , i7 core , long battery life which fullfill your all requirements!! belive me battery life is just amazing u can easily get around 5 hours i got like around 4 hours in 80% battery normal temps are awesome around 40-55 its just having some issues with gaming temps rising..but i guess you dont want to game much so dont think!! this is beast...it also save ur 7k money!
normal temps are just awesome!! and yeah as soon as i leave any game or minimize it for seconds temps decrease from 90 to 60 in just 30 secs.... i used to do that always! b/w throttling never happens with me....in gaming! just temps screwed me in gta 4..... the resolution, sound which is damn awesome!! i stopped using my headphones from a while using my lappy only to listen songs you wont regret with your purchase i bet!!!! this is best for you!! prefect! i can suggest it to anyone anyday! rite now normal temp ( while surfing and music ) is 44 which is perfect!!

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
What you think about this model ?

HP Pavilion 7039TX Laptop (3rd Gen Core i7/ 8GB/ 1 TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

It's a great laptop as you don't concern about graphic card, it comes with 2 Years Warranty (1 Year Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Onsite Extended Warranty) thumbs up from me. The one good thing is 120W PSU which is rarely found in other brands, you will get upto 5 hours battery for sure, as mine is old gen core-i7 with 4 hours battery.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
It's a great laptop as you don't concern about graphic card, it comes with 2 Years Warranty (1 Year Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Onsite Extended Warranty) thumbs up from me. The one good thing is 120W PSU which is rarely found in other brands, you will get upto 5 hours battery for sure, as mine is old gen core-i7 with 4 hours battery.

rider i can also get...5 easily from it and i guess it has much better sound and display and gpu which he dont mind i guess but everything is for 7k less and yeha blu-ray too!!
looks and weight kinda same too!!

rider

as Kratos
rider i can also get...5 easily from it and i guess it has much better sound and display and gpu which he dont mind i guess but everything is for 7k less and yeha blu-ray too!!
looks and weight kinda same too!!

but dude, there is heating issue, the samsung thread crossed 100 pages and all you guys discussed about pathetic performance and lots of issues, everyone reads that and avoid buying. He needs a brand that is more reliable and have no issues.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
but dude, there is heating issue, the samsung thread crossed 100 pages and all you guys discussed about pathetic performance and lots of issues, everyone reads that and avoid buying. He needs a brand that is more reliable and have no issues.

thats not true in my case!! and yeah it has issues but in only gaming...OP dont care about gpu so he probably dont want to game..! temp never crossed 60 when i m not gaming!! so thats no problem for him.... 100 crossed for some peeps who ****ed there lappy by doing experiments using throttle stop and all.. once it will reach that high it can easily get to there easily again my max temp is 94 in gta 4...only

rider

as Kratos
thats not true in my case!! and yeah it has issues but in only gaming...OP dont care about gpu so he probably dont want to game..! temp never crossed 60 when i m not gaming!! so thats no problem for him.... 100 crossed for some peeps who ****ed there lappy by doing experiments using throttle stop and all.. once it will reach that high it can easily get to there easily again my max temp is 94 in gta 4...only

pryatush said he gets over 100*C+ CPU while gaming, and the OP mentioned he use visual studio, 2 VMWare one of Linux and one for XP for his application testing, which required lots of processing work with turbo boost. It should not heaving issue in CPU performance. So, samsung is only goof for gaming point of view.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
pryatush said he gets over 100*C+ CPU while gaming, and the OP mentioned he use visual studio, 2 VMWare one of Linux and one for XP for his application testing, which required lots of processing work with turbo boost. It should not heaving issue in CPU performance. So, samsung is only goof for gaming point of view.

hmm! pratyush used throttle stop! yeah he do...he can choose in that hp one and this one!! it was still a good deal!! :) your rite on ur part... but... i m happy with my purchase! other specs are just wonderful...

ratul

█████████████████
if you just use two Virtual machines, then even i3 can handle it...
i also had this as one of my concerns before buying, and at one forum, a guy told me that he runs 10 VM's on his i5 lappy simultaneously, all what limits him is RAM...
i myself runs 6-7 VM's simultaneously, and my CPU barely cross 20% usage..
So if you really don't wanna game and have a fixed budget, get an i5, and then upgrade RAM to 16GB or so, and try to get a SSD for the use of VM's, as while installing Windows Server 2008 on my VM's, my lappy almost used 6-7GB's of RAM, and i get sluggish performance if i am installing something on the VM and working on other, as disk usage is showed 100% by the task manager, so for me, 5400rpm disk is the main drawback for the VM's..

look for 1080p models, as you have some photoshop work too, Samsung's screen is somewhat cloudy, which obstructs hardcore graphical work, sony's colour reproduction is awesome...

SlayerAndy

Broken In
hmm! pratyush used throttle stop! yeah he do...he can choose in that hp one and this one!! it was still a good deal!! :) your rite on ur part... but... i m happy with my purchase! other specs are just wonderful...

This thread doesn't ask if you are happy with the purchase, it is here to make the poster happy about his purchase. I really wonder, why people are trying to defend their purchases. 1 laptop doesn't satisfy all needs. There are many options depending on his preferences.

rider

as Kratos
i also had this as one of my concerns before buying, and at one forum, a guy told me that he runs 10 VM's on his i5 lappy simultaneously, all what limits him is RAM...
So if you really don't wanna game and have a fixed budget, get an i5, and then upgrade RAM to 16GB or so, and try to get a SSD for the use of VM's, as while installing Windows Server 2008 on my VM's, my lappy almost used 6-7GB's of RAM, and i get sluggish performance if i am installing something on the VM and working on other, as disk usage is showed 100% by the task manager, so for me, 5400rpm disk is the main drawback for the VM's..

look for 1080p models, as you have some photoshop work too, Samsung's screen is somewhat cloudy, which obstructs hardcore graphical work, sony's colour reproduction is awesome...

yeah! man thats what I said above but still he wants a core-i7 laptop, dunno why?

OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In

I'm using an i3 now with 3GB RAM it's super slow even with just VS2012. With i7 core sharing won't be a big problem. With 8 GB I can share it very well between different VM's. What OS are you running in VM that can handle 6 to 7 on i5

ratul

█████████████████
I'm using an i3 now with 3GB RAM it's super slow even with just VS2012. With i7 core sharing won't be a big problem. With 8 GB I can share it very well between different VM's. What OS are you running in VM that can handle 6 to 7 on i5

i am running Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows server 2008, RedHat, Backtrack, Win7x64, Win 8, Win XP...
VS2012 is slower than VS2010 on my i7 too, may be SP1 or SP2 release will make it fast in an year or two, has been the case always for microsoft, but as i said i am mostly limited by my HDD, mainly backtrack uses the most while performing certain tasks..
i7 is mainly useful for heavy graphical tasks, like big photoshop projects, video rendering (i rendered a 11 min video in Sony Vegas, and it took 100% of CPU for almost half an hour), VS2012 barely uses i7's potential..

OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In
i am running Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows server 2008, RedHat, Backtrack, Win7x64, Win 8, Win XP...
VS2012 is slower than VS2010 on my i7 too, may be SP1 or SP2 release will make it fast in an year or two, has been the case always for microsoft, but as i said i am mostly limited by my HDD, mainly backtrack uses the most while performing certain tasks..
i7 is mainly useful for heavy graphical tasks, like big photoshop projects, video rendering (i rendered a 11 min video in Sony Vegas, and it took 100% of CPU for almost half an hour), VS2012 barely uses i7's potential..

Ok Thanks. As far as I know the performance impact is due to SQL 2012 that get installed with it. How did you assign the Core for each VM assuming each VM may need one ?

ratul

█████████████████
Ok Thanks. As far as I know the performance impact is due to SQL 2012 that get installed with it. How did you assign the Core for each VM assuming each VM may need one ?

i assigned each 1 core (8 logical threads.. :p), except for RedHat and Backtrack, which uses 2..
But i can run 12-15 VM's at once on i7, it does'nt depend on no. of cores, as when you use 1 Vm, other get minimized, so till you don't maximize and utilize that VM, the core allocated to that VM is shared with the current VM.. (Confusing Na?? :p)..
Let's say you have 4 available threads and running 3 VM's (XP, Vista, &7), each using one thread and last thread for the Host OS..
Now you are working on XP, and then switch to Vista tab in VMWare without shutting down XP, but keeping it idle, then unless XP VM demands the extra CPU, the thread that XP was using is free for another VM, means you still can run more VM's like this..
You are only limited if you leave all the VM's minimized with some CPU intensive task going on (installation or something), otherwise you can use almost double or more no. of VM's on a limited no. of logical threads.. (i5 have 4 i think..)

OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In
It's just too much for me I think. Unfortunately for application testing I have to run the damn thing. :) Lucky I get MS licenses for free or so issue running multiple OS

Samsung is a lot cheaper than I though. After discount it get them at 57K. I think I finalizing on it.

Last edited: