Need a Keyboard for typing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubusam13

Human
Hello, I've been on a long hunt for a keyboard. For coding, I need a nice keyboard. When I used a Microsoft wired keyboard ten years ago, typing was quick and fun.
Then I switched to a Logitech wireless MK270, which is still functional and good but with for me now. After that, I bought dozen more keyboards from brands like HP, Lenovo, Logi, Dell, and others, but they all started having problems. Some keys cease working, others are unpleasant to text on, and Logitech keyboards exhibit latency.

I currently use a mechanical wired keyboard, and while I enjoy the feel of it, the noise it makes at night wakes up my family.

Please recommend to me an excellent keyboard for typing, preferably wireless, with a backlit (RGB not required).

P.S: Pls dont suggest Logi MX. Why MS keyboards are not available in India ?

Budget?

You likely have blue mechanical switches on your KB, those are loud, maybe made to emulate a typewriter (just kidding).

I use red switch KB, avoid red as well IMO. Easy to actuate, leads to misclicks of keys at times.

I think brown is the most ideal switch, had used a friend's brown switch Logitech KB (some romer switch similar to brown). But very few decently priced brown KB options in India.

RK100 is worth a look if layout isn't an issue. There are more TKL options. My friend recently bought RK100 & is loving it. It is wireless as well. I wish they had a normal 108 layout one as well in India.
genesispc.in/product/royal-kludge-rk100/

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Filco Ninja Keyboard are quite ones, available on StacksKB, if budget is not an issue. Sadly they are wired.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Budget not an issue but I dont wanna loose on features as well even after paying a good price for it.

How is keychron q2 ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Keychron keyboards are generally good. You have to reach out to mkindia subreddit on Reddit to get more info on this keyboard since I doubt if anyone here has used it.
Q2 does not have F keys if you use it. Q1 has it and its available on Keychron India site.

Budget not an issue but I dont wanna loose on features as well even after paying a good price for it.

How is keychron q2 ?
I find Keychron expensive, but many mech enthusiasts like it.

Your call. I personally haven't looked much into it because they don't have a full KB.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I find Keychron expensive, but many mech enthusiasts like it.

Your call. I personally haven't looked much into it because they don't have a full KB.
They have full keyboard now!! K4! But it looks weird. You can find full keyboard from Akko on StacksKB. Rest of the brands are too costly.

They have full keyboard now!! K4! But it looks weird. You can find full keyboard from Akko on StacksKB. Rest of the brands are too costly.
Both are expensive. I will rather get RK100 or just buy cheap Chinese KB with some brown switch (if any). I don't see myself spending 10k+ on a KB, but who knows. I recently spend 6k on controller (XB series + wireless adapter + battery).

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
1676456520563.png

Only avl with blue switch (loud)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I use K2 V2 with Gateron brown switches. My wife used to scold me whenever I used Tvse gold. Now, she prefers this over my earlier Logitech triathlon desktop. All Keychron keyboards are fat, you have to get their wooden palm rest which costs another 2k. Do not try gel based palm rest on Amazon. It is waste of money.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
I went to Keychron showroom. And yes all the keyboards are fat.
I use K2 V2 with Gateron brown switches. My wife used to scold me whenever I used Tvse gold. Now, she prefers this over my earlier Logitech triathlon desktop. All Keychron keyboards are fat, you have to get their wooden palm rest which costs another 2k. Do not try gel based palm rest on Amazon. It is waste of money.

I also realized what I actually need. Mechanical or not, I need a wireless keyboard where typing is fast and comfortable, preferably a low profile keyboard, with backlit. RGB not necessary. Also range and latency for the wireless KB should be good. As this is the issue I am facing currently.
Keychron K1 is low profile but not available.

This one is currently out of stock
*www.hp.com/in-en/shop/hp-970-programmable-wireless-keyboard-3z729aa.html

This one doesnot have backlit
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/dell-premi...and-mouse-km7321w/apd/580-ajnj/pc-accessories

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Check Logitech MX Mechanical Mini. Costs 15k!! But looks like a good option.

Check this out
*stackskb.com/store/vortex-race-3/

Same keyboard on Amazon with 1000INR discount coupon
*www.amazon.in/Vortex-Mechanical-Reprogrammable-Customizable-Aluminium/dp/B0B1DFGL8D/

Last edited:

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
HV-KB366L avl on Amazon for 1200 is a very good buy. It has Chinese "blue" switches, very loud but typing is great, mine is working fine for 2 years almost. I got it for 3k now it sells for 1200!

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
HV-KB366L avl on Amazon for 1200 is a very good buy. It has Chinese "blue" switches, very loud but typing is great, mine is working fine for 2 years almost. I got it for 3k now it sells for 1200!
I already have with blue switches.
I also realized what I actually need. Mechanical or not, I need a wireless keyboard where typing is fast and comfortable, preferably a low profile keyboard, with backlit. RGB not necessary. Also range and latency for the wireless KB should be good. As this is the issue I am facing currently.
This is my requirement.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Guys, I purchased MX keys yesterday. *geek.digit.in/community/threads/post-your-latest-purchase.45694/page-1389#post-2425477

This thread can be closed.
Review of the keyboard: Keys are so well placed that I am typing with my muscle memory since yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom