Need a 23-24" monitor within 14k

Hi all

I need your suggestions on a monitor for around a budget of 14k. My req. from the monitor are as follows.
1. Gaming. Will connect my PS3
2. Graphic editing
3. Full HD/ HDMI a plus
4. Good color reproduction (best among it's class)

aniket.cain

Padawan
Dell U2311H is a good monitor in this range. But you won't find HMDI port on this one. You'll have to use a converter cable for that. But apart from that, the color reproduction is very good, and is a highly praised monitor in this range.

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
^^ Sweet!! Any noticeable size difference between 23" and 24"?? Also, if there's no HDMI, what is the best way to connect a PS3 to it to get the best display possible?

* Hope the price is within 15k in SP Road, BLR too :D

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^^ Sweet!! Any noticeable size difference between 23" and 24"?? Also, if there's no HDMI, what is the best way to connect a PS3 to it to get the best display possible?

* Hope the price is within 15k in SP Road, BLR too :D

For PS3, use something like Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
Also, I called up all Dell stores. No one keeps monitors there!! All sell laptops and stuff only!! Where can I get my hands on this monitor in bangalore?

Sarath

iDota
I placed an order and received it the next day. From BDA complex, Indiranagar. I will add the details to the main post in a while once I gather google map location and address

I have updated the details in my thread. Check it out.

I have no idea about Golchha. I got my entire PC except the monitor from them. I never asked if they have the Dell U2311H

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
Yay... Got the Dell U2311H from Golcha today. Called them up and they had it in stock.

Funny thing though.... I bought a HDMI to DVI adaptor and it seems Dell makes different kind of DVI ports! The pin arrangement was entirely different. Gotta go hunting for a same class converter tomorrow! Anyone any ideas?

For PS3, use something like Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Oh.. and Ishu. That converter won't work as the DVI pins are incompatible it seems

Sarath

iDota
Try HDMI to Display Port then. I am confused as to why yours didn't work and how dell can have another standard of DVI in their monitor.

Let me know how it turns out. I would add valid points in my main post to avoid hassle by future buyers, in case HDMI is so much of a pain to work with, on this monitor.

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
Have ya tried connecting your PS3 to your U2311h sarath?? If so, how's the overall display and how did you manage the converter :D

NVM that DVI thingy :lol: Turns out U2311H supports DVI-D Dual link cables only and I got an adaptor with DVI-I. lol. Most monitors supports the DVI-I interface, but I guess times are changing.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Check this link:
All About DVI
Go to the bottom of the page where diagrams are, and find out which standard the Dell U2311H uses. You can then get the cable needed.