N95 8 GB - "Contact Reatailer" Message Displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
I have a Nokia N95 8GB. I have installed a few applications on to it and after restarting it displayed "Phone Could Not be Started, Contact Retailer".

I have send the phone to Nokia Care Centre. Its 10 days since then.... no results. They keep on saying me that the phone has been sent to the company (is it East India Company !!!).

This is indeed a nice phone developed by a maker who could not provide average quality of service.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
@Tanmay.

I have N73 ME. Few days before i installed some apps and restart the phone, then i also get the same error message. But when when i switch off the phone again and restarted, my phone starts working and still i dont have any issues.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
installation of which apps give that msg??plz inform us so that the others r carefull about installing those apps.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
@ Hellgate, It is Quick Office Premier 5, the programme installed successfully but did not work as expected. I downgraded to QuickOffice Premier 4.5. Then after restart the problem pops up.

@ Pathik, Dont Know about the 3 key format :( Kinda new to smartphones. Besides, this is my first Nokia Phone.

@ Kaushik, ya I send it to Nokia Care, better I have post this message before sending :(

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
@ Hellgate, It is Quick Office Premier 5, the programme installed successfully but did not work as expected. I downgraded to QuickOffice Premier 4.5. Then after restart the problem pops up.

@ Pathik, Dont Know about the 3 key format :( Kinda new to smartphones. Besides, this is my first Nokia Phone.

@ Kaushik, ya I send it to Nokia Care, better I have post this message before sending :(

Just for info next time if something happens like this then try to restart your mobile holding down the following keys:
CALL, 3, *
If it dont restart then nokia care but if it restarts your phone is saved but all installed software even inbuilt games will go away..
So in case it starts without all apps just connect your data cable and upgrade your mobile firmware through internet.. If it says you have the latest then also upgrade.. you should get all your default apps back :)

If you can just PM me when you get back your mobile.. wanted to ask some questions about the device.. Thanks :)

Last edited:
OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Thanks Kaushik, its indeed a pleasure getting messages so instantly.

I will certainly PM you after receiving the device.

Today I contacted Nokia Care and it seems that they are in no mood to return my device before Next Thursday.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
if u wanna get ur N95 8GB back quickly i'll suggest u to contact their helpline @ 30303838 (prefix ur city's STD code b4 dialing) and lodge a complain with them.

btw : wat firmware version were u using when ur phone gave this prob?
after u get ur phone back try RotateMe.i'm using it now and its a gr8 piece of software.

the.kaushik

Ya you can call there helpline.. they are very friendly.. for bangalore its 22127011

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
@ Hellgate, I have used RotateMe. It is a pretty cool software.

@ Pathik, Surely I would love to try out Nokmote and other stuff bySamir site will release.

@Kaushik & Hellgate, I am in touch with Nokia by Email, is there any specific help line number for Orissa?

the.kaushik

@ Hellgate, I have used RotateMe. It is a pretty cool software.

@ Pathik, Surely I would love to try out Nokmote and other stuff bySamir site will release.

@Kaushik & Hellgate, I am in touch with Nokia by Email, is there any specific help line number for Orissa?

If you have a nokia priority center nearby you can get the number.. thats how i got the number

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
pay them bribes ask for quick replacement

Bribes !!! Thats really a new idea.

Let me see any possibilities :)

Today I am checking the status of Job Sheet No. 331434038/080104/24 at Nokia Care website. It says my handset is ready for collection. But I dont understand why the Care Centre People are not confirming me about it?

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Bribes !!! Thats really a new idea.

Let me see any possibilities :)

Today I am checking the status of Job Sheet No. 331434038/080104/24 at Nokia Care website. It says my handset is ready for collection. But I dont understand why the Care Centre People are not confirming me about it?

if job card status says ur handset is ready 4 collection then u shall get it within 2-3 days depending on where ur handset is at present.it takes some time to ship.
when my 6630 was replaced bout 1.5yrs ago it took bout 3 days to ship from Delhi to my place.

^^ Also try Nokmote when it releases.

i'm waiting 4 Nokmote to realease.i'm so impatient that i visit Samir's site regularly.:-D

Last edited:
OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Dont know, when they are going to return my handset. The service centre could not give me any exact status.

It is really pathetic that Nokia consider such agencies as Nokia Care Centre.

All I have to do now is wait... wait and wait..........

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Today I have visited the care centre again, but no benefit. Still got a waiting period upto next friday.

Dunno, what to do !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom