OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
What was wrong with Satio? That handset has great potential but need to be supported properly by se like nokia support. How strong was Satio's xenon flash ? was it as strong as C905 ?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well. it wasn't half bad. But the lack of kinetic scrolling was kinda disturbing.Also the menus was terribly cumbersome.you had to delve deep to reach into basic applications. Bluetooth transfer was phail. All in all, a complete mess. will decide once S^4 comes into the mix.As of now, i suggest you S^1 phones. The camera was really that good initially, but improved a lot after a firmware release. best cam i have used. Video recording was top notch too. :)

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N8 specsheet .. *slil.ru/29034858 - pretty fuxxx impressive .. only prob I can think is 1200mAh battery and only 16 gb mass memory for 720p hd recording device . everything is excellent..

sujoyp

Grand Master
N8 specs r OK but gsmarena gave a bit negative preview
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8_previewed_before_announcement_shown_no_love-news-1604.php

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@sujoyp- Dude what are you talking about? Gsmarena just posted a link to a prototype micro preview that is available on mobile-review's russian site. Its not even a proper preview. Let nokia just annouce this device and then we can discuss about its pros and cons. Dont post stupid things ...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
October release at 450 euros. SE will be announcing its 12mp with 3x optical zoom, HD recording in May running Android.Good luck Nokia. I wont go into Samsung. They are probably planning to buy out Nokia. :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
@sujoyp- Dude what are you talking about? Gsmarena just posted a link to a prototype micro preview that is available on mobile-review's russian site. Its not even a proper preview. Let nokia just annouce this device and then we can discuss about its pros and cons. Dont post stupid things ...

Read this
*www.techtree.com/India/News/Nokia_N8_Disappointing_First_Reviews/551-110807-893.html

*www.symbian-freak.com/news/010/04/nokia_n8_gets_criticized_ahead_of_its_official_debut.htm

I agree its just a preview of its prototype...

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey yogi what do u think of these specs of N8
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8-3252.php

only 680mhz and 256 RAM...isnt it too outdated for the top end mobile

The only new feature I see is 720@30fps and HDMI port(that to mini HDMI...Why????)

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
October release at 450 euros. SE will be announcing its 12mp with 3x optical zoom, HD recording in May running Android.Good luck Nokia. I wont go into Samsung. They are probably planning to buy out Nokia. :p

and when that se handset will release .. next year or year after that :)

We should wait for official N8 announcement and then start commenting .. 680 mhz cortex A8 processor with 256mb ram is more than sufficient in case of symbian os .. and its just proto and this speck document is old one. Even eldar has disassembled N8 and claiming that other proto to having different hardware . even he is not sure about final product.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@yogi-Dude. The Satio was released last October.Where were you? XD
The Satio2 is probably going to be an Android phone which is miles better than any S60 shiat anyway. :D

dissel

Cyborg Agent
N8 = No variable apertures, No Lens Protector....Woh,Nokia why didn't put an Xenon flash in N86 & save the all hassle ?

Now Stevee (AAS) will start....anyhow these days there is nothing to read but now waiting.

Any idea about the Indian Price ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
OK yogi we will wait till the final announcement....but I would appreciate some new feature....how abt native divx and h.264 support..or some kind of n-gage 3D gaming:)

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
This is about the mobile-review preview about N8

*conversations.nokia.com/2010/04/27/one-of-our-children-is-missing/

Very happy with N8 , that camera looks to be a super fantastic one. Knowing Damian
I know N8 will be a truly superb product.. Hdmi port ,720 p video with a 2nd dedicated mic for video, USB OTG , xenon flash whose range is even better than N82, truly 5 band 3g, the largest sensor ever put in a phone etc etc .. Lack of lens cover is no big deal as that lens is protected by scratch resistant glass..

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*conversations.nokia.com/2010/04/27/nokia-n8-revolutionises-cameraphones/

@sujoyp -Buddy the motive should be to have a excellent camera on your mobile which can produce very good results for video / images in almost all lighting conditions.. No point in comparing with dedicated P & S cameras as those will always have lots of space to improve sensor and give better results.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Very good information about the size of sensors used in various cameraphones

*blog.gsmarena.com/how-large-is-the-nokia-n8-12-megapixel-large-image-sensor/

Interesting to read that N86 has same sensor size as Satio and Pixon 12 which btw are 12 mp camera phones :)