N85 Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Anyone got any opinions of the N85? Looks great on paper, but what I really wanted to know is it still as slow as the N73 ME or as fast as the N82 or, dare I wish it, faster?

Anything is welcome.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
It is mostly the same as N82. But when it comes to the graphics processing, N82 is better due to the graphics accelerator.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
N85 has a single core proccy (369 Mhz) which is faster than the dual core proccy (332 Mhz) of N82...But N82 seems 2 b really snappy due to the presence of the graphics accelarator which is missing in N85...

Pathik

Google Bot
Nothing revolutionary.

Better, bigger display than the N82. And the design / form factor maybe.

Other than that, the N82 is better.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
In my book n85 way way better than n82 . Xenon flash is the only thing going for n82. Put it in either n95 8gb or n85 and n82 is a dead duck.

Mind u, I have first hand experiene of n82 , n95 8gb and now using n85 :)

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I heard the build quality is absolutely amazing. And let's be honest here, the N82 kind of looks like a brick. The kind of brick you want to hurl at Britney or Micheal.

Okay, the last sentence was unnecessary, but I had to do it.

Power UP

In the zone
N85 has a single core proccy (369 Mhz) which is faster than the dual core proccy (332 Mhz) of N82...But N82 seems 2 b really snappy due to the presence of the graphics accelarator which is missing in N85...
lol :D
Here read this

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_OMAP

*focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/wtb...entId=4671&navigationId=11990&templateId=6123

Texas Instruments OMAP processors give more performance but are more costly. And nokia did the the usual business tactics of putting a cheaper and slower single core processor.
Heck they even removed the graphics accelerator chip in their newer phones :rolleyes:

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I heard someone here mentioning that samsung oled display in i7110 to be better than n85 .

read on

*translate.google.com/translate?u=*...amsung-i7110.shtml&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en

Clearly mentioned that display of n85 is better than samsung oled display of i7110. some people on this forum are not just hardcore fanboys but hardcore anti fanboys as well.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.mobile-review.com/review/image/samsung/i7110/display/my-079.jpg

*www.mobile-review.com/review/image/samsung/i7110/display/my-080.jpg

And somehow, the pic used to compare to the N85 has lower brightness than the one used with the N79.i dunno how this is possible.Oh I forgot.This is mobile-review.

*www.mobile-review.com/review/image/samsung/i7110/display/my-078.jpg

Btw, the pic to the left is that of the i7110.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ The picture is taken in dark. In Nokia phones, the light sensor reduces the display brightness in the dark. That's why the N79 display looks darker.

Okay, the last sentence was unnecessary, but I had to do it.

And you spelt 'Michael' wrong. :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dude, eevery phone has a light sensor.Its not always Nokia who has it. N82 has patheitc out of the box display.

I have no qualms about the N79 display, its just that the i7110 looks so much birghter in this pic and sufddenly, in the same circumstances, with the N85, it looks cold.Anyways,the leaf comparison between the N85 and i7110, the i7110 wins hands down.

OT

Btw, whats with Nokia reducing the brightness when its dark?? Normal people would need a brighter display when it is dark and a less bright one when it is bright outside. I really see no sense.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^^ The picture is taken in dark. In Nokia phones, the light sensor reduces the display brightness in the dark. That's why the N79 display looks darker.

And you spelt 'Michael' wrong. :)

You got it wrong here krazzy. ;)
The light sensor increases the display brightness when the phone is used in low light conditions.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
clearly stated in review that n85 has better display than samsung handset .

Anyways my n85 kicks butt of most handsets out there.

These days, smape and mobie review is what i trust most. Those guys have much more mobile handset exp than any soul on this forum. enough said :)

Not arguing stupid fanboys anymore here.
waste of time. hee hee..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You got it wrong here krazzy. ;)
The light sensor increases the display brightness when the phone is used in low light conditions.

Nope. You are wrong. :) The display brightness in Nokia phones reduces in the dark while the keypad light turns ON while in bright surroundings the display becomes brighter while the keypad light goes OFF. The reason for this is that in darker surroundings, you don't need a brighter display as it hurts the eyes. I myself turn down my brightness at night since continuously looking at a bright display in the dark is not comfortable. But in brighter surroundings like outdoors under sunlight you need to see the display clearly so the brightness is turned up or else you won't see the display contents at all. Try this while you are outdoors during the day: turn down the display brightness all the way down. You won't see anything. You need as much brightness as possible in bright surroundings. Hence Nokia's sensor works quite logically and that's the way it is in all phones with light sensors.

@dreamcatcher the difference in Samsung's display brightness in comparison with N85 and N79 is because of the camera that was used to photograph them. While shooting i7710 and N79, since N79's display was dimmer, the camera boosted the brightness to compensate for it, so i7710's already bright display looks even brighter. But while comparing with N85 both the phones have nearly the same brightness hence the camera's brightness wasn't that high which is why the Samsung looks a bit darker here.

As for N82's reduced brightness, that was pathetic but then that's just how Nokia rolls. They purposefully introduce flaws into their phones so they don't become perfect and don't compromise the sales of their other phones. The same reason why N85 lacks a xenon flash. You can't have it all in a Nokia phone. You win some, you lose some.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Dude, eevery phone has a light sensor.Its not always Nokia who has it. N82 has patheitc out of the box display.

Dude..u need a powerhouse battery backup 4 a brighter display....& N82's display is not BAD @ all u can c everything crystal clear...:D

& other than that 2 compare the real power of the proccy in Nokia phones with the non-proccy fones...just convert a HD video to 320*240 resolution .H264 format then play dat file in both fones u will c the difference...in speed...:cool:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dude..u need a powerhouse battery backup 4 a brighter display....& N82's display is not BAD @ all u can c everything crystal clear...:D

& other than that 2 compare the real power of the proccy in Nokia phones with the non-proccy fones...just convert a HD video to 320*240 resolution .H264 format then play dat file in both fones u will c the difference...in speed...:cool:

What do you mean by non-proccy phones??
Dude, HD video or whatever video, if you convert it to mp4 at 320x240 it wil play.he C905 is quite capable.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^Try making it to a more heavy one(640*480,stereo sound,30 FPS), I am damn sure it will faulter in SE ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom